Device Notifier bug.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
paul

Device Notifier bug.

Post by paul »

I haven't seen anyone else post about this "bug" so I'm wondering if it's only happening on my setup, although I doubt it as LM 13 works fine.

I can connect a flash drive, HDD, or insert a CD/DVD and Device Notifier will pop-up and allow me to browse files etc. as I would expect, however, if I click the "mount" icon, I would expect it to change to an "eject" icon, allowing me to click it again to safely remove the media. This does not happen; instead, the icon does a sweet little swirl, and reappears as a "mount" icon again. If I open the media with Dolphin, I can unmount it from the sidebar, but not from the Device Notifier.
Here comes the weird bit... :?: If I add another Device Notifier widget to the panel (whilst still retaining the original one) the new notifier works properly! I can now delete the original widget and the new one will work as expected ....until I reboot... then I'm back where I started.
Any feedback at all (just to reassure me I'm not going nuts!) would be very much appreciated.
Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
paul

Re: Device Notifier bug.

Post by paul »

Anyone up for giving me a hint? A simple Y/N kind of answer would be much appreciated... :evil:
stevenaaus

Re: Device Notifier bug. Bump

Post by stevenaaus »

Yes, this annoying bug is present for me in KDE Linux Mint 17.2.

Adding a second device notifier indeed solves the problem.

Another thing i dislike from Mint 17, is the "i" in the systray. File transfers should have there own popup window for logging progress.

Also, the mobile broadband panel widget is broke. Two nasty breakages, but otherwise Mint 17 is great here :)

Return to “Software & Applications”