How to remove the yellow plasma notes from a desktop?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
a_hippie
Level 2
Level 2

How to remove the yellow plasma notes from a desktop?

Post by a_hippie »

Oh god. KDE can drive you to drink!

Now on my second desktop is a yellow box. Right clicking doesn't help. xkill kills kde4.

How do you make this nasty hack go away?

what a major PITA!

thank you

j
--
Wishing you well
a_hippie
Level 2
Level 2

Re: How to remove the yellow plasma notes from a desktop?

Post by a_hippie »

as Charley Brown would say "UUGHHHH!"

Don't click on the configure or other icons. Instead, click in the grey area below the pop=out side bar and THEN you can kill this fugly plasma hackoid.

Hope this helps others.

regards,
j
--
Wishing you well
birdog

Post by birdog »

is your desktop locked? Try unlocking widgets and see then if you can get the box with the x to remove it.
wutsinterweb
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wutsinterweb »

You put your cursor on the widget and hold down the left mouse button for a long time and a little bar appears on the side of the widget which if you click on the red X will get rid of it.
I've been using Mint for over 4 years, but I'm still a slow learner. I have a website: https://pickfetish.com. It is dedicated to guitar/instrument picks.
a_hippie
Level 2
Level 2

Post by a_hippie »

To the KDE hackers:

PLEASE remove this useless time wasting offending application from kde.

Please.

Kill it, put it in a deep grave. make it go away--forever.

please.

thank you kde hackers

PS:
Thank you Google for helping me find out what this nasty thing was AGAIN, and helping me remove it from the system again.
God bless.

Regards,
j
--
Wishing you well
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi a_hippie,

I just read your post and some of the good replies to it. Here are my thoughts on this as well.

It would help to know more about your system setup. If you run "inxi -Fxzd" from the console terminal prompt, highlight the results, copy and paste them back here, that should provide enough information.

There are different KDE applications for "sticky notes" (Post-it notes, pop-up notes), are you using the Knotes or Korganizer/Kontact, or some widget, for these?

I have never had the sticky notes just appear on my KDE desktop unless I did something to add them.

You can simply right-click the notes and hide them all or show them all or delete notes, put them on different virtual desktops (workspaces), etc... If you are using the Knotes and do not want that, exit the application and or remove it from the startup applications or disable them in the Korganizer/Kontact settings. If you added a system tray or desktop widget, just remove it.

I love the KDE desktop and their Knotes is the best sticky notes application with superb features.

Hope this helps ...
knotes.jpg
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

I don't like the default KDE notes app but then again I don't like any of the default ones I've gotten with any other DE either. I use cherrytree myself, it's awesome. You don't actually need a KDE specific app. I use mostly GTK apps with KDE.

You can go into settings > startup programs and remove knotes (or whatever it's called ... I'm using my Xfce netbook right now) from the list. From what I remember if you run knotes it puts itself in the autorun list automatically, which is quite annoying with a program you don't particularly like,
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
Sam234

Post by Sam234 »

KNOTES or NOTES is a very annoying program :x , behaves more like a virus, if you un-install it, its still there!! if you un-install Korganizer its still there, if you look for its runtime in bin and delete, its still there!! If you block it from starting with the session, guess what its still there!!

The only option I`ve found is to remove its shortcut (middle mouse button) on the desktop right click, select 'configure desktop' select mouse actions, assign middle mouse to switch desktop or similar except paste.

Whomever wrote knotes, please remove it from the repository and bin it. :!:

Return to “Software & Applications”