Text pixelation on desktop...

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
thom_A
Level 4
Level 4

Text pixelation on desktop...

Post by thom_A »

I've been waiting for this text pixelation thing to disappear hoping that the regular updates would eventually fix it.
Three different computers are having it. It can't possibly be only me. Anyways, it's a minor thing. I don't have to place icons on the desktop and just rely on the panel and start menu.

(This is Mint 18 KDE, btw.)
20160923_224018.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
hal8000
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Text pixelation on desktop...

Post by hal8000 »

Test pixelation can be many things, driver issue wrong refresh rates, wrong resolution for your monitor and others.
You need to include:
Graphics card make and model and Video memory.
Display: LCD or laptop and default resolution

Output of

inxi -Gx
thom_A
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Text pixelation on desktop...

Post by thom_A »

Thanks for the response. It appears I'm the only one having this text pixelation issue. It's just strange all of our 3 computers plus laptop have the same issue, which is not the case in previous Mint versions. They all have nvidia cards (different makes and models), which I have no way of knowing whether it has something to do with it.

The pixelation appears after a suspend state. It would disappear by simply dragging the icons, move them around a bit and put them back in their original spot or anywhere in the desktop. Anyways, I'm not going to continue looking for any solution on this. It's just a notice to devs in case they have interest in fixing it.

Return to “Software & Applications”