File converting

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
anthony2010

File converting

Post by anthony2010 »

Hi all.

This is just a quick enquiry!

Does anyone know of a good KDE application that will convert MPEG to .iso without shrinking it? I use DeVeDe But I think that shrinks which isnt always necessary for the size of family vids etc that I take. Idont suppose it needs to be a KDE app, its just that Im using KDE!

Regards.

Ant
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: File converting

Post by Husse »

anthony2010

Post by anthony2010 »

Hey Husse.

Ok found that but sadly all it downloads is a load of text! So i did more research and found a program called konverter. ( Whats with putting K in front of everything? :) )

Anyway, I get the tar.gz. In truth I dont know how to install those so I found another program called KInstaller. Thats installed but seems unable to install anything because the error message says 'configure' not installed. It looks a little like the mint installer but for kde apps. ( which I note few of ( if any ) in the software portal.)

So.. how do i get this lot done? im guessing the whole thing hinges on this 'configure' file.

Any thoughts?

Gratefully.

ant.
Husse

Post by Husse »

sadly all it downloads is a load of text!
sadly I'm not all that surprised :( It was a bit dated
Edit - edited below for two typos
Perhaps you need to install build-essential

Code: Select all

apt install build-essential
anthony2010

Post by anthony2010 »

Hey Husse.

How weird! couldnt find package 'build essentials'. Its no biggy, I will always find a way round a prob somehow. (Usually with your help)

Im mainly flagging that back to you as a possible bug?

As for the original question, Ive decided to stick with devede (repos) until I make something work that doesn't shrink the film.

Take care and thanks.

ant.
Husse

Post by Husse »

My fault
I wrote build-essentials and then copied that to the code box without noticing the s It is build-essential without s and I edited the original post to avoid confusion if someone copies that code snippet

Return to “Software & Applications”