Packge manager/permissions trouble with KDE 18.1[SOLVED]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Azzyzz

Packge manager/permissions trouble with KDE 18.1[SOLVED]

Post by Azzyzz »

Anybody else is experiencing problems installing packages after installing Mint KDE 18.1 either with GUI or with the bash?
I get this message when trying to open the software manager...kdesudo - KDialog "Configuration file "/home/azzyzz/.kde/share/config/kdesudorc" not writable.
Please contact your system administrator.
"
When i go and see what's wrong with the kdesudorc file , i realize that it just does`t exist ... when i try to create it to see if it would help in any way with the touch command it just says it can`t create the file cause it's read-only file system and that will happen in every directory I'm in , even with me logged as superuser and with any command i will give , at the same time i see a red cross in the update manager symbol .
The weird thing is that when i turn the system on things are ok for a while .....but then as soon as a the red cross appears on the update manager everything starts get funky.....
Running LinuxMint 18.1 KDE with the default plasma desktop on a Lenovo G710 with both integrated Intel graphic card (not working ) and/or Nvidia graphic card (working ) and didn`t had this problems with the KDE 18 Verison
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Azzyzz

Re: Packge manager/permissions trouble with KDE 18.1

Post by Azzyzz »

After a new install ,every problem which where a lot and were growing are gone .....bad install perhaps!?

Return to “Software & Applications”