Problem capturing sound from JACK in Kazam

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dovder

Problem capturing sound from JACK in Kazam

Post by dovder »

Hi there

I make screencasts of SuperCollider (which uses JACK) using Kazam. Up to about a week ago, I was using Cinnamon and was able to record a screencast in Kazam which captured JACK audio. I've recently installed Linux Mint KDE, but when I follow the same steps to make a screencast, it captures no sound.

I have installed the PulseAudio JACK sink and sources (package pulseaudio-module-jack).

Basically the way I set up the audio is like this:
[*] Start JACK (using qjackctl)
[*] Start SuperCollider
[*] Open Connect in qjackctl and patch SuperCollider's outs to PulseAudio JACK Source's ins.
[*] (This bit varies slightly from Cinnamon) Open the Audio Volume application, select the Input Devices tab and set PulseAudio JACK Source as the default input device
[*] Start Kazam, open its Preferences dialog and choose PulseAudio Jack Source as the Microphone. Ensure Kazam is configured to record from the microphone
[*] Start recording!

I can't think why what amounts to the exact same procedure doesn't result in JACK audio being recorded when I use Linux Mint KDE. I understand LM KDE varies from Cinnamon in its use of Phonon. Could this be the difference?

Can anyone suggest something I could try to figure out what's not working?

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Software & Applications”