Plasma crashed, start icon reverted and icons changed

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Firun

Plasma crashed, start icon reverted and icons changed

Post by Firun »

So, since Ubuntu has decided to abandon Unity I've now decided to give Linux Mint KDE a go because I do like Plasma 5 and it always seemed the most stable KDE distro for me. However, today I had a Plasma crash, and after reboot the "K with gear" icon that is the default starter icon was replaced by the default starter icon, and the "kde" icon, which is Mint's default, has changed from a line drawn style to a colored version. Other icons like homerun did the same and are colored now.

Version is 18.1 x64. It's a minor thing, but how do I restore the original look? I've tried to reinstall the icon pack, but since I cannot delete Breeze it seems as if it's not possible. Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Firun

Re: Plasma crashed, start icon reverted and icons changed

Post by Firun »

For those who may encounter the same problem... it seems as if the crash made the application starter icon dialog look into the /usr/share/icons/breeze/apps/48 folder, which does contain a blue kde.svg icon. Comparing it to another install in a virtual machine I also noted that the icon selection dialog displayed bigger icons (which clued me in). The original icon can be found in /usr/share/icons/breeze/apps/22 with the same name, so all I did was copy the 22x22 kde.svg to the 48 folder and renaming it to kde_mono.

Still no idea what caused this, though.

Return to “Software & Applications”