Can't drag / highlight or move icons on Desktop [SOLVED]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Tursko

Can't drag / highlight or move icons on Desktop [SOLVED]

Post by Tursko »

Just installed Mint KDE 17, and I can't move icons on the desktop or drag and highlight. It just doesn't work. Everything else on the OS works perfectly.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Schultz
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Can't drag / highlight or move icons on Desktop

Post by Schultz »

Something here on this thread may help, specifically the first post from forum member phd21:

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=253075
Jim Hauser

Post by Jim Hauser »

As far as moving them is concerned... Unlock widgets (right click a clear spot on your screen and it should be in the drop down. Then click and hold down on your desired icon.) If they are already unlocked your question is beyond me!
Tursko

Post by Tursko »

Jim Hauser wrote:As far as moving them is concerned... Unlock widgets (right click a clear spot on your screen and it should be in the drop down. Then click and hold down on your desired icon.) If they are already unlocked your question is beyond me!

That worked.. you have to hold down on them.. so werid. Also I did the double click setting that the user above me mentioned and that works great also.
Jim Hauser

Post by Jim Hauser »

Don't forget to mark this as SOLVED by editing your original post...
Tursko

Post by Tursko »

Jim Hauser wrote:Don't forget to mark this as SOLVED by editing your original post...

Done! Thank you.

Return to “Software & Applications”