Double icons in Icons only Task Manager

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jimmer

Double icons in Icons only Task Manager

Post by jimmer »

when i open eg Software Manager fro it's launcher in Icon Only Task Manager, it opens another icons below instead of just showing that the program is active with a coloured bar beside it. this happens only with some of the launchers in the Task Manager, not with others
just finding it annoying. can you help me prevent it?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Double icons in Icons only Task Manager

Post by phd21 »

Hi "jimmer",

Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux Mint and its excellent forum !

It would help to know more about your system setup. If you run "inxi -Fxzd" from the console terminal prompt, highlight the results, copy and paste them back here, that should provide enough information.

Can you provide us with a screenshot?

Not exactly sure I know what you are talking about with this post, but in Linux Mint KDE 18.x I have noticed that it seems to remember what you were running before you turn off, logout, or restart your computer and will automatically load those, even if you already have them in your startup options, thus duplicating some of them. You can change the "Session" manager options to stop that, or remove the applications that are being duplicated from your startup options. I do.

To change the "session" options
Go to "System Settings" -> Desktop Sessions (on left side) -> on right side under "On Login" click "Start with empty session", click apply, exit System Settings, then restart, logout, and see what happens...

Hope this helps ...
KDE_Session_Options1.jpg
KDE_Session_Options2.jpg
KDE_Session_Options3.jpg
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
jimmer

Post by jimmer »

ok thanks i'll try that
jimmer

Post by jimmer »

here you see 2 icons for Software Manager one above the other. i clicked on the first to launch it and the second opened.
2 icons in task launcher.png
i'll try a restart anyways
jimmer

Post by jimmer »

nope, starting a clean session didn't work and moved all the widgets back into annoying postions...

it only seems to be Software Manager thats doing it, so not the end of the world. maybe there's a good reason

Return to “Software & Applications”