Til3r kwin script not working

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Mithrandir
Level 3
Level 3

Til3r kwin script not working

Post by Mithrandir »

Hi,

I'm using Linux Mint 18.2 Kde, and I like a lot the kwin script Til3r for tiling the desktop.
I tried to install it, and it seems to be installed, but it's not available in the list of the kwin scripts, it's not present.

Perhaps the script use the Kde Frameworks 5.38.0, but in our Mint 18.2 only the 5.36.0 version is available. Could be this the problem?

Code: Select all

$ konsole -v
Qt: 5.6.1
KDE Frameworks: 5.36.0
Konsole: 16.04.3
How could I use this script on my system?

Thanks for any help!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mithrandir
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Til3r kwin script not working

Post by Mithrandir »

nobody?
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

Did you read the comments etc here?:

https://store.kde.org/p/1112531/

It was written for KDE Plasma 4.. The change log doesn't seem to have anything new for years. Someone says it didn't really work in Plasma 5.3. Mint 18.2 KDE uses Plasma 5.8. on my laptop

Since there isn't much backwards compatibility in Linux, I would fully expect that to fail. You should stick to apps that say they're for your point release. For Mint 18.x that's at least Ubuntu 16.04.

I recently went back to KDE on my laptop by installing 18.2 KDE. No, it doesn't have the theming etc options the pther DEs do, but it also does GUI config for things other DEs require editing config files to do. Best maybe to work with it rather than against it.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
Mithrandir
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Mithrandir »

I understand, thank you for your ideas.
I'm on plasma 5.11, kde frameworks 5.39 and Qt 5.9.2 on a pc, and the script works fine...
I don't understand, I like kde but xfce too. I wonder if it was only a problem on my pc. So it's not... =)
Mithrandir
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Mithrandir »

other question is that kde will be discontinued on linux mint, so I believe that there will not be possibilities to improve our experience of kde here

Return to “Software & Applications”