Mint KDE is no more! What is your next distro?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
franciobr

Mint KDE is no more! What is your next distro?

Post by franciobr »

Hello guys,

As most of you know, Mint KDE 18.3 is going to be the last version with the KDE environment. I really like Plasma and I am trying to make up my mind about my next KDE distro and I imagine many of your are pondering about that too.

Where are you going once mint KDE is over? What do you think is the best distro for us Mint KDE orphans?

Kubuntu provides the closest to linux mint. Debian KDE is solid but Plasma seems to be a second class citizen there since gnome is their default option. openSUSE (or Geckolinux) has Plasma as its main desktop environment but doesn`t belong to the Debian branch and is going to take some getting used to. Manjaro looks awesome but seems to sacrifice stability for `bleeding edge features`. Downloading some live isos to test them out right now!

(My intentions are not to bash the mint team decision with this post. I actually agree with their reasoning, saving resources and focusing on gtk based environments makes a lot of sense.)
Last edited by franciobr on Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrmajik45

Re: Mint KDE is no more! What is your next distro?

Post by mrmajik45 »

Not KDE!!! I like it! :(
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Mint KDE is no more! What is your next distro?

Post by MrEen »

Lots of posts on this here: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=256128

Return to “Software & Applications”