kde-config-gtk hangs

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mauromol
Level 1
Level 1

kde-config-gtk hangs

Post by mauromol »

Hello!
I'm using Linux Mint 17.3 KDE.
Suddenly (I don't know when it started to happen, I realised today because I needed to go there after a long time) the GTK configuration module of System Settings | Application appearance does not work any more. When I click on it, the CPU gets stuck to 25% (one fully busy core of a 4-core system) and the configuration module does not show.
If I start from the terminal the following command:

Code: Select all

kcmshell4 kde-gtk-config
I get a blank window and the same CPU hog behaviour. No special output is printed on the console:
kcmshell(5731)/kcontrol KCModuleLoader::loadModule: This module still uses K_EXPORT_COMPONENT_FACTORY. Please port it to use KPluginFactory and K_EXPORT_PLUGIN.
including: "/usr/share/themes/Clearlooks/gtk-2.0/gtkrc"
and nothing else...

I need to change the GTK3 theme being used. Any help to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated. I know for sure this worked perfectly about 1-1.5 years ago, I don't know if some system update broke it in some way.

Thanks in advance,
Mauro
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Software & Applications”