task manager (panel) covers windows

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
politano

task manager (panel) covers windows

Post by politano »

Hi have Mint 17.3 with dual monitor. One is above the other. My main display is the top one, and there I have the app menu (Cairo-Dock), a top panel (with notification area, hour, etc) and a bottom panel (task manager, to switch between applications). So far, everything normal.

The "problem" is with the bottom panel. If I set the panel to "always visible" and I maximize a window in the top screen, the bottom part of the screen is covered by the panel, thus I can not see the bottom part of my application window. But If I set it to "windows can cover" then I lose the very funcionality of the task bar panel, does it make sense?

Is there a way to keep my bottom panel always visible so I can use the task manager but at the same time maximize the application in the top screen without it covering the task panel? In my opinion, the default behavior should be: maximize without covering the "always visible" panels..

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Software & Applications”