Missing panel option

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Shamu

Missing panel option

Post by Shamu »

Good day.
I have installed a few distros in the last couple of years and have decided to settle with kde version of mint. I started to do my routine setup of the desktop and noticed that something is wrong. When I right-click and go to the add panel option there is only basic and empty panel available. There should be application menu bar as well but there isn't. At least on other kde distros, there is. Is it a plugin or application problem or is this just the way it is? Do you know any fix?
Thank you for your time.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Missing panel option

Post by Hoser Rob »

I use 18.2 KDE on my laptop and I always create a vertical side panel for app launchers.

Since I couldn't find a way to put launchers there from the application/start menu on tthe main panel, I just add another app menu to the side panel. The I add whatever to that panel.

After that I remove the app menu from the side panel because I don't think KDE likes having more than one of them.

Someone may have a more elegant answer but that does work.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken

Return to “Software & Applications”