lxqt on kde desktop not working?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
harishpathangay

lxqt on kde desktop not working?

Post by harishpathangay »

hi,
I downloaded Linux Mint 18.3 KDE and installed in VBOX.
All is working fine, but I am not able to install lxQT desktop along side with KDE desktop.
How will I do this? It is giving Broken Package Error in Synpatic if I try to select lxqt desktop and apply.

thanks,
harish p
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: lxqt on kde desktop not working?

Post by catweazel »

harishpathangay wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:04 am hi,
I downloaded Linux Mint 18.3 KDE and installed in VBOX.
All is working fine, but I am not able to install lxQT desktop along side with KDE desktop.
How will I do this?
You're creating a frankendesktop and headed for trouble. If you must have lxQt, use an lxQt distro.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
harishpathangay

Post by harishpathangay »

hi,
i am finding issues only in certain distros.
I have SwagArch Linux XFCE Edition , and then I installed KDE/LxQt with KWin. It works there.
I have always thought Linux to be more configurable system. I understand I do not know to configure it as an expert.
please, it is not that bad to have both KDE and LXQt with KWin as 2 sessions for login in the same system.
the idea is some times I will use KDE [heavy weight QT based system] , some time I can switch to Light Weight Qt based desktop LxQt.
Any help will be great.

thanks,
harish pathangay
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

harishpathangay wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:23 am hi,
i am finding issues only in certain distros.
I have SwagArch Linux XFCE Edition , and then I installed KDE/LxQt with KWin. It works there.
It does now. It will very likely break after an update at some point. Instlalling multiple DEs is a really bad idea. No really knowledgeable users do that. In fact I think it's the most common bit of bad noob advice out there.
I have always thought Linux to be more configurable system. ...
When some say that you can do anything you want tin Linux, that's only true in the sense that the OS will ALLOW you to do it if you have elevated user priviliges. It does not in any way mean that it'll work necessarily.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken

Return to “Software & Applications”