System Tray and Digital Clock Moved

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pcpunk
Level 5
Level 5

System Tray and Digital Clock Moved

Post by pcpunk »

My System Tray and Digital Clock Moved over to the Left because of something I clicked on, now can't get it back to where it was.

I also don't have the Icon for the File Manager in the Panel anymore.

I can't minimize Chrome by clicking on it in the tray either, every time it just opens a new instance. When Chrome is minimized, if I click on the Menu, it maximized again, for no other reason.
Panel all rainbows up.png
Man I am all messed up, I hope KDE is better refined in the newer additions, this is just a mess to work with and fix if you click one thing wrong. Where is the old manual, for some reason I don't have it backed up.

Help!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
HP Compaq nx7400, Cinnamon 19.2
Intel R Core™2CPU, T5500@1.66GHz, 4GB Crucial RAM
Super Clean Runs Perfect
thunder422

Re: System Tray and Digital Clock Moved

Post by thunder422 »

The problem you describe is that the Task Manager widget is missing so you much have accidentally remove it (which is easy enough to do unintentionally).

To add it back, click on the little cashew icon at the right end of the task bar. Click on the + Add Widgets button. Type "task" in the text box on the left. "Task Manager" should appear. Click, hold and drag it down to the task bar and position it between you start icons and the system tray icons. Then let go of the the mouse button. Finally hit the red X on the right side to exit the task bar configuration. You may need to reconfigure the Task Manager widget as it will be in its default configuration state (right click on it and select Task Manager Settings).
pcpunk
Level 5
Level 5

Re: System Tray and Digital Clock Moved

Post by pcpunk »

Beautiful, another KDE user, and the old stuff 17.3! For some reason I did not get this message my friend, but you are correct, the Task Manager widget was missing because I was messing around and Deleted it.

Thanks and sorry I did not see this post until now. Not getting my messages for some reason.
HP Compaq nx7400, Cinnamon 19.2
Intel R Core™2CPU, T5500@1.66GHz, 4GB Crucial RAM
Super Clean Runs Perfect

Return to “Software & Applications”