Unfunctional Update Manager Tray Icon [SOLVED]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
BobbyQuine

Unfunctional Update Manager Tray Icon [SOLVED]

Post by BobbyQuine »

Hi there mates! I'm running Linux Mint 18.3 KDE Edition 64 bits. The Update Manager Tray icon is not working. When I hover mouse over it, it fades and shows that pop up square with it's description, ok. Howerver, when I left click on it, nothing happens, it does not open. In order to open the service, I need to right click on it and then select to open it. I used other editions of Mint before and this icon used to behave differently, I had just to left click on it once to open the service. I've searched the Internet to see if anyone has reported it already, but I found no complaint about this issue so far. Any hints on what this is and how to solve it would be deeply appreciated! Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
o-l-d

Re: Unfunctional Update Manager Tray Icon

Post by o-l-d »

Right click of the Update Manager system tray icon has been the default behavior in Mint KDE 18 since the desktop was updated to Plasma 5. It seems everyone adapted to it and is why there are no complaints.
BobbyQuine

Re: Unfunctional Update Manager Tray Icon

Post by BobbyQuine »

Oh, that's good to know! I'm coming from different Mint Editions, so I didn't know this was the proper behavior. Thank you for your fast and clarifying reply!

Regards,
Bob.
o-l-d wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:27 am Right click of the Update Manager system tray icon has been the default behavior in Mint KDE 18 since the desktop was updated to Plasma 5. It seems everyone adapted to it and is why there are no complaints.

Return to “Software & Applications”