KDE Panel

Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
meowmeow
Level 1
Level 1

KDE Panel

Post by meowmeow » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:40 am

Is there a way to set the active windows into the icon on panel without creating additional icons or task-manager icon?

o-l-d
Level 3
Level 3

Re: KDE Panel

Post by o-l-d » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:57 pm

I am not 100% sure if this is what you are talking about but KPager widget is in most releases' taskbar as a widget by default to show desktops and even shows a thumbnail of the desktops. Is what you are describing an action like Windows AeroPeek? If so then the answer is no(at least for now) but would be a fine suggestion to make to the KDE Plasma devs or develop your own widget for the taskbar.

https://userbase.kde.org/Plasma/Pager

tacoz
Level 3
Level 3

Post by tacoz » Sun May 06, 2018 5:31 pm

Not sure about your question... however if you really don't want to see any task manager icons then:
> simply remove that panel task app and rely on your Alt+Tab method (or)
> pin windows instead (or)
> use the Window List instead of the task manager (or)
if I read your ask, if you want an active window icon on the taskbar,,, you gonna have to have one or more task related apps on the panel

phd21
Level 17
Level 17

Post by phd21 » Sun May 06, 2018 6:32 pm

Hi meowmeow,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux Mint and its excellent forum !

I just read your post and the good replies to it. Here are my thoughts on this as well.

I am not totally sure I understand what you are saying either, and screenshots would help. But I do not like the active windows, or virtual desktop or activities, switchers on my panel either, so I just move those above the panel to the desktop, or just delete them from the panel.

Hope this helps ...
Phd21: Mint KDE 17.3 & 18.3, 64-bit Awesome OS, Ancient Dell OptiPlex 780 Core2Duo E8400 3GHz,4gb Ram,256gb SDD, Video: Intel 4 Graphics, DVD Lightscribe. Why I use KDE?:https://opensource.com/life/15/4/9-reasons-to-use-kde

Return to “KDE”