KDE Panel

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
meowmeow

KDE Panel

Post by meowmeow »

Is there a way to set the active windows into the icon on panel without creating additional icons or task-manager icon?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
o-l-d

Re: KDE Panel

Post by o-l-d »

I am not 100% sure if this is what you are talking about but KPager widget is in most releases' taskbar as a widget by default to show desktops and even shows a thumbnail of the desktops. Is what you are describing an action like Windows AeroPeek? If so then the answer is no(at least for now) but would be a fine suggestion to make to the KDE Plasma devs or develop your own widget for the taskbar.

https://userbase.kde.org/Plasma/Pager
tacoz

Post by tacoz »

Not sure about your question... however if you really don't want to see any task manager icons then:
> simply remove that panel task app and rely on your Alt+Tab method (or)
> pin windows instead (or)
> use the Window List instead of the task manager (or)
if I read your ask, if you want an active window icon on the taskbar,,, you gonna have to have one or more task related apps on the panel
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi meowmeow,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux Mint and its excellent forum !

I just read your post and the good replies to it. Here are my thoughts on this as well.

I am not totally sure I understand what you are saying either, and screenshots would help. But I do not like the active windows, or virtual desktop or activities, switchers on my panel either, so I just move those above the panel to the desktop, or just delete them from the panel.

Hope this helps ...
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & xKDE (Mint Xfce + Kubuntu KDE) & KDE Neon 64-bit (new based on Ubuntu 20.04) Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573) 2 in 1 touch screen, Dell OptiPlex 780 Core2Duo E8400 3GHz,4gb Ram, Intel 4 Graphics.

Return to “Software & Applications”