Paste on MMB using multi-touch gestures

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
staseg

Paste on MMB using multi-touch gestures

Post by staseg »

Hi, guys!
I am using Linux Mint 18.3 KDE for more than month on my desktop and a week on laptop, and I am almost fully satisfied.
I faced some problems on laptop (Dell XPS 15 9550).
I see no way to disable Paste on MMB click. I have seen a topic in forum, but I see no answer.
It is really useful feature, but on my laptop I use libinput-gextures (multi-touch gestures for linux), and 3-point gestures (I used them to switch desktop) are also recognized as paste.
For example, I am looking some info in browser, then I switch to desktop with Qt and my copy buffer pastes some mess in my code.

Reviewing forums, I noticed, that it is a feature of X11, and it is impossible to turn it of, using config, it is hardcoded.
So:
Can somebody fix it?
How to fix it in X11 code?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Paste on MMB using multi-touch gestures

Post by catweazel »

staseg wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 11:54 am I am using Linux Mint 18.3 KDE for more than month on my desktop and a week on laptop, and I am almost fully satisfied.
This has nothing to do with KDE. The X standard states that the middle mouse button executes a paste action, so this action applies to all OSen using X.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Config/Input# ... el%20mouse

I think that the best you can do is try to remap the button. See the section titled "Example: Disabling middle-mouse button paste on a scrollwheel mouse".
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
staseg

Post by staseg »

Thank you, but the way, they go (remapping MMB) we disable MMB at all. For example, we can't open new tab in browser by MMB.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

staseg wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 11:54 am ... Can somebody fix it?
You're going to have to convince the Xorg and/od KDE devs it's a bug at all. Good luck.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken

Return to “Software & Applications”