[SOLVED] Add commonly used presets to Klipper?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
FuLl

[SOLVED] Add commonly used presets to Klipper?

Post by FuLl »

I find myself either typing or copy/pasting the same few entries all the time throughout the day. I see Klipper has a section called 'Actions', & I looked at the docs online but it was all over my head. I'm still not sure if what I want to do is even possible.

I remember the Opera browser way back in the day had clipboard presets, & I figure I could find a Chrome extension to do that, though I'd rather have it available system-wide if possible.

Anyone know how to do this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Add commonly used presets to Klipper?

Post by phd21 »

Hi FuLl,

There is an excellent application called "autokey-gtk" in the Software Manager or Synaptic Package Manager (SPM) that I use everyday to help with automatically typing in common words or phrases that I use a lot. You can set key combinations or abbreviations to trigger an entry. I have this startup with my Linux Mint system so that it is always available.

For example, I can type in "w1" and it will paste the text below into whatever application I have in focus.
Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux Mint and its excellent forum!

Hope this helps ...
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
FuLl

Post by FuLl »

phd21 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:28 pm There is an excellent application called "autokey-gtk"
Awesome, thanks!

Marking solved.
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi FuLl,

You are welcome...

(autokey "y1") :)
autokey1.jpg
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen

Return to “Software & Applications”