Can Linux Mint Kde use Wayland?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
realsifocopypaste

Post by realsifocopypaste »

#Ask

How to do it? Anyone can show us the tutorial how to use wayland in Linux Mint Kde?

Thanks😊
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Can Linux Mint Kde use Wayland?

Post by catweazel »

realsifocopypaste wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:28 am #Ask

How to do it? Anyone can show us the tutorial how to use wayland in Linux Mint Kde?
First link from go-ogle: https://community.kde.org/KWin/Wayland
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Can Linux Mint Kde use Wayland?

Post by Hoser Rob »

Wayland doesn't really have that much to do with KDE per se, it's at a lower level than DE level. It'e not just another app. Ubuntu, which Mint is based on except for LMDE, probably won't switch to Wayland until 20.04 at least from what I've seen.

The difficulty of changing your existing Mint install to Wayland from X, and the distinct possibility you'll break things in the process, outweigh, for me, any issues caused by not running Wayland. I'm running 18.2 KDE on my laptop and have no intention of changing the graphics stack until it's DAMN well supported by the distro.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken

Return to “Software & Applications”