Helena KDE CE update

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: Helena KDE CE update

Post by Husse »

I have been notified of the troll above - please don't respond to such trolling
Again - a RC will arrive soon if Boo can straighten out the bugs in Kubuntu 9.10 which I think he has done
We may also release a main 8.1 if we manage to get mint4win to work again
bernado

Post by bernado »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Linuxmint CE will be based on Kubuntu 9.10 - and that is the problem:
http://jontheechidna.wordpress.com/2009 ... -internet/

So Boo is doing his best, to make a good thing out of it. 8)

Bernado
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

So far exploder has given the testing the OK.
Next is clems OK and away we go.

I have started on the 64bit version.
The 64bit packages are done.
The iso build is under way.

Boo
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
pug

Post by pug »

Good news, thanks Boo.
blazemore

Post by blazemore »

That's great news! Let us know here first pleeeease ^^
Matt S.

Post by Matt S. »

Normally I can't hold my interest too long while waiting for a new release. But I gotta say I'm surprised that I stuck it out this long, I can't wait for the release! Awesome work Boo, everyone here appreciates what you do I'm sure. :)

I look forward to (THE) KDE distro of the year!!
blazemore

Post by blazemore »

I've been waiting for ages I can't wait to get this onto my desktop.
gravelbay

Post by gravelbay »

Boo wrote:So far exploder has given the testing the OK.
Next is clems OK and away we go.

I have started on the 64bit version.
The 64bit packages are done.
The iso build is under way.

Boo
Yippee! We're on pins and needles. But we're thrilled that you're working so hard to make it right. :D
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

I am testing a 64bit iso.
It looks good so far.
I will upload for exploder to test tomorrow.

so hopefully the KDE and KDE64 mint iso's will be released together or only a couple days apart.

Boo
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
distro hopper

Post by distro hopper »

Can I have your babies? :P
legendkiller

Post by legendkiller »

nice to read about the recent updates and i hope it turns out as good as the gnome version,which in my view is the simplest and most reliable distro around.

If i can make a suggestion,can the menu be changed to be more easy to use,like in mandriva?
tonyric

Post by tonyric »

legendkiller wrote:nice to read about the recent updates and i hope it turns out as good as the gnome version,which in my view is the simplest and most reliable distro around.

If i can make a suggestion,can the menu be changed to be more easy to use,like in mandriva?
The KDE3 style menu is available in KDE4.
blazemore

Post by blazemore »

Hey I'm back to uni tomorrow and would really like a shiny Mint KDE to make people go "Ooh, what's that?"
Is this likely?
arjay
Level 4
Level 4

Post by arjay »

Doesn't look like it. I have been holding off since before Christmas so that I can put a copy on a friend's laptop for him to try (first experience of linux and all that). I don't want to start him off on something else, but it looks like I will have to. He is on the phone huffing and puffing everyday!

I am thinking I might put simplymepis on it - at least that way I know he will get something that "just works".

If a newbie friend of yours wanted to try linux and mint was not available, what would you give him (must be kde, and something he can then stay with for a good while)?

RJ
aelfinn

Post by aelfinn »

arjay wrote:If a newbie friend of yours wanted to try linux and mint was not available, what would you give him (must be kde, and something he can then stay with for a good while)?
It doesn't have KDE, but Zorin OS 2.0 looked very clean and easy to use.
Airdack

Post by Airdack »

I would just give him the Mint main edition, gnome looks nice enough and everything just works out of the box for me :)
arjay
Level 4
Level 4

Post by arjay »

Airdack wrote:I would just give him the Mint main edition, gnome looks nice enough and everything just works out of the box for me :)
Thanks for the suggestion - I really want to keep him on kde because that is what I use and it would help to fix things for him (I am not a gnome man!)

Course I am happy to wait for |Mint 8 kde but you can understand that he can't see what all the fuss is about!
arjay
Level 4
Level 4

Post by arjay »

aelfinn wrote:
arjay wrote:If a newbie friend of yours wanted to try linux and mint was not available, what would you give him (must be kde, and something he can then stay with for a good while)?
It doesn't have KDE, but Zorin OS 2.0 looked very clean and easy to use.
Thanks for the link. I am going to have a look at this one (distro junkie me - I have 4 PCs with at least two distros on each which i mess about with). But I keep my critical PC with Linux Mint and Debian stable only
Husse

Post by Husse »

If all goes well it's just a couple of days away now
arjay
Level 4
Level 4

Post by arjay »

Husse wrote:If all goes well it's just a couple of days away now

Oh - OK. If that's the case I'll hang on for my pal's notebook.The irony is - he will never know how lucky he is to get mint 8 kde!

It is a compliment to you good folks that so many people are hanging on rather than changing distros.

Return to “Software & Applications”