Helena KDE CE update

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Helena KDE CE update

Post by Boo »

I have an ISO up for Dev testing and i expect it to become the RC.

thunderbird is version 2 and digikam is version 1.0 beta 5.
if you uncomment/enable the removed repo in the sources.list file you will find lots of newer versions.
eg: gimp, filezilla, vlc...

Boo
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
roshanpius

Post by roshanpius »

Hi Boo,

That's great!!! How can we download the dev-testing version? which mirror is it uploaded on?
kage

Post by kage »

Boo wrote:I have an ISO up for Dev testing and i expect it to become the RC.

thunderbird is version 2 and digikam is version 1.0 beta 5.
if you uncomment/enable the removed repo in the sources.list file you will find lots of newer versions.
eg: gimp, filezilla, vlc...

Boo

Great news!!! and many thanx for the update!
I wish you and the dev team all the best for 2010.

greetz from the middle of Holland

kage
kage

Post by kage »

roshanpius wrote:Hi Boo,

That's great!!! How can we download the dev-testing version? which mirror is it uploaded on?
Hi roshanpius

the iso is just for the dev team to test it. If they give a green light it wil appear on all mirrors and an announcement will be made.

(just keep an eye on the mirrors.)

greetz
kage
blazemore

Post by blazemore »

So when can I expect to be able to play with this?
I've tried loads of KDE distros, Mandriva was probably the best.
Kubuntu was very disappointing, so I'm looking forward to the polish of Mint.
roshanpius

Post by roshanpius »

kage wrote:
roshanpius wrote:Hi Boo,

Hi roshanpius

the iso is just for the dev team to test it. If they give a green light it wil appear on all mirrors and an announcement will be made.

(just keep an eye on the mirrors.)

greetz
kage
Oops i jumped the gun. Didn't i. Sorry :oops:
I've been waiting to get my hands on Mint KDE ever since i saw the potential of KDE4 in kubuntu 9.10, even though it was very rough around the edges.
I'm expecting the Mint Helena KDE to be the best KDE4 distro to come out so far.
kage

Post by kage »

roshanpius wrote:
Oops i jumped the gun. Didn't i. Sorry :oops:
I've been waiting to get my hands on Mint KDE ever since i saw the potential of KDE4 in kubuntu 9.10, even though it was very rough around the edges.
I'm expecting the Mint Helena KDE to be the best KDE4 distro to come out so far.

Doesn't matter :)
It just is a very good example how eagerly were all waiting for the rc!

happy new year !

kage
tomassen

Post by tomassen »

When are you gonna release Mint 8 KDE?
blazemore

Post by blazemore »

Yes is there an estimated release date for either the release candidate or final?
tomassen

Post by tomassen »

blazemore wrote:Yes is there an estimated release date for either the release candidate or final?
they said "in a few days" "before new year"

anyway, it's 2010 now :D
aelfinn

Post by aelfinn »

Boo wrote:thunderbird is version 2
Just out of interest: would it be less than trivial to include TB3?

Oh, and a Happy New Year, everybody! :)
Last edited by aelfinn on Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobcollard

Post by bobcollard »

tomassen wrote:
blazemore wrote:Yes is there an estimated release date for either the release candidate or final?
they said "in a few days" "before new year"

anyway, it's 2010 now :D
Let's hope they just partied Hardy and forgot.
legendkiller

Post by legendkiller »

I really don't know whether others will find it correct.......but i think LM guys are good 3 weeks behind......as other distros are already chipping away to their next release........ :shock:
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

I have uploaded another iso for testing by exploder, and maybe even another one tonight.

Boo
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
kage

Post by kage »

legendkiller wrote:
vrkalak wrote:LinuxMint is not trying to compete with 'the other guys'

They put out new releases with 'known bugs' . . . the Mint Team won't tolerate them.

"It will be done, when it's done." . . . and well, worth it. That's why LinuxMint is the best ... outta the box.
i really don't accept the tone of your reply and its better if we don't discuss what other distros are upto...

please don't give me that silly "It will be done, when it's done." I have around long enough to know when a Developer Team is on schedule and when not....
Hi Legendkiller,

So. if you're as good as you say you are, why not join the dev team?

greetz
kage
roshanpius

Post by roshanpius »

Hi guys,

I think this thread seems to be going the wrong way.. As boo had mentioned some time back in the middle of the thread, this thread is only for the Linux Mint Helena KDE's release progress which we are all eagerly awaiting and that's all...

Frankly i dont think anyone should be commenting about the release schedule.. Linux Mint is as most other distros mainly a community driven project and none of us are actually paying the development team for downloading the Distro are we? So let's just let them do their job.. If you dont like it u are free to ignore it..
kage

Post by kage »

roshanpius wrote:Hi guys,

I think this thread seems to be going the wrong way.. As boo had mentioned some time back in the middle of the thread, this thread is only for the Linux Mint Helena KDE's release progress which we are all eagerly awaiting and that's all...

Frankly i dont think anyone should be commenting about the release schedule.. Linux Mint is as most other distros mainly a community driven project and none of us are actually paying the development team for downloading the Distro are we? So let's just let them do their job.. If you dont like it u are free to ignore it..
Hi roshanpius,

i fully agree with your post.

Greetz
kage
pug

Post by pug »

Dead right, and keep up the good work boo et all, can't wait for the release :)
gravelbay

Post by gravelbay »

I absolutely agree, roshanpius! Amazing - dissing someone who's offering a free product because they don't work fast enough for you. Unbelievable!!

Boo, Husse, and team, I think you folks are just amazing and I'm grateful for your skills and effort. Let's keep our eyes on this thread and try to be patient while they work on what many of us think is the best distro there is.
drewkeller

Post by drewkeller »

First post... "other distros are already chipping away to their next release..."
Second post... "...its better if we don't discuss what other distros are upto"

HMMMMM
Yeah, ok, let's NOT discuss those other distros then, at least not in this thread.

Three cheers for the Mint team!!!

Return to “Software & Applications”