Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
autumncorvus
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Isadora KDE Development Progress Report

Post by autumncorvus »

Catmint wrote:
trans123 wrote:I'm really gone mad waiting for the release of KDE edition. Please announce when you are planning to release KDE edition
Same here. He should leave fixing some stupid theme for the final version and release the damn thing already.
I agree, but let's be polite please. This is libre software, we're not 'customers' but beneficiaries of a great Linux community.

Having said that, though it may goes against Mint's development philosophy, I think it would be good to discretely put out the release-candidate as soon as it's minimally functional and let those willing to test it help iron out the bugs.

Andrew33
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Andrew33 »

Good Morning Everyone,

While I know it can be madning, waiting for Boo and Clem to finish the testing of the ISO for RC....we need to be patient with them so they can get the majority of bugs out before releasing it to us for the RC testing. Getting upset and frothing at the mouth & grumbling, isn't going to make things move any quicker, it could have the opposite affect actually and make things move slower, therefore creating a vicious circle....we don't want vicious circles....they're no fun at all. Boo and Clem are doing their best I'm sure to get this RC out to us as quickly and efficiently as possible...have a great day and cheers :)

Andrew

AfterEight
Level 2
Level 2

Post by AfterEight »

andrew5859 wrote:Good Morning Everyone,

While I know it can be madning, waiting for Boo and Clem to finish the testing of the ISO for RC....we need to be patient with them so they can get the majority of bugs out before releasing it to us for the RC testing. Getting upset and frothing at the mouth & grumbling, isn't going to make things move any quicker, it could have the opposite affect actually and make things move slower, therefore creating a vicious circle....we don't want vicious circles....they're no fun at all. Boo and Clem are doing their best I'm sure to get this RC out to us as quickly and efficiently as possible...have a great day and cheers :)
Andrew
^^^^^^
What Andrew said !!

Patience is a virtue. 8)
A good ISO comes to those who wait !! :P
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra ----+---- Dathon and Picard at El-Adrel IV
Registered as user #474278 with the Linux Counter

Carl
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Carl »

Still checking a random selection of the download servers every day or so though :lol:

trans123
Level 1
Level 1

Post by trans123 »

I think I'm polite enough. If my post has hurt someone please forgive. Yeah its true if all the bugs need to be cleared it takes time. I just expressed my thoughts, nothing else.
trans

keljaden
Level 2
Level 2

Post by keljaden »

Forgiven. I empathize with you as well. It drives me crazy waiting, even when there is a set release cycle I can't focus like the whole week beforehand because I am so excited. I <3 Linux.

legendkiller
Level 1
Level 1

Post by legendkiller »

it seems we are in for a treat very soon.......... :D , linux mint might be the only distro giving such detailed progress report of its development team....

kudos and three chears.... :wink:

JoeFootball
Level 8
Level 8

Post by JoeFootball »

legendkiller wrote:linux mint might be the only distro giving such detailed progress report of its development team.
legendkiller is right, we are all very lucky in that regard. I know how the lack of information can make people disgruntled in just about any walk of life, but the Linux Mint team does a great job keeping the community aware of their progress.

But for everyone, I also know that we're all (me especially) very anxious for Linux Mint 9 KDE, but keep in mind that Linux Mint 8 KDE was just released a mere four (4) months ago. Speaking for myself, I would much rather work with a stable (and arguably, still somewhat new) Version 8 than a buggy Version 9, therefore I am totally onboard with the "it's released when it's ready" concept, rather than a quoted date.

That all said, Boo recently wrote...
Boo wrote:A few new fixes to do. mostly done.
...so I'd like to think we should have a Release Candidate any day now. :D

My $0.02.

Joe

legendkiller
Level 1
Level 1

Post by legendkiller »

i was myself pretty restless last time.....................but during the course of LM-8 and now i have discovered that LM's dev team is much more user sensitive than many other distros......

atleast i haven't seen anybody post updates like this............

Flame_Phoenix
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Flame_Phoenix »

I read the first page looking for "what's new in KDE version for LM9" and I only saw ports and fixes. Will the KDE version have something new compared to older versions? What will be the main difference between then KDE and GNOME versions ? (Except for the graphic environment ofc).
Do you guys have any plans for the release day?

I know all this questions are really newbie, sorry for that, but I am a newbie as well xD

PS: Will the KDE version have new theme ? :P

zparihar
Level 1
Level 1

Post by zparihar »

Please tell me its being released soon! I can't wait much longer, its killing me!

I'm a Linux sysadmin, and have been working with Linux + KDE for the last 8 years now.

How can I get involved with the LinuxMint KDE team?

Andrew33
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Andrew33 »

Boo wrote:
10-06-2010
Clem has the ISO for testing.

13-06-2010
A few new fixes to do. mostly done.

Cheers
Boo
Boo,

Any further word if this is going to be out this week or not....we are all anxiously and patiently waiting for your wonderful piece of work....cheers

Andrew

Chuckie
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Chuckie »

autumncorvus wrote:
Catmint wrote:
trans123 wrote:I'm really gone mad waiting for the release of KDE edition. Please announce when you are planning to release KDE edition
Same here. He should leave fixing some stupid theme for the final version and release the damn thing already.
I agree, but let's be polite please. This is libre software, we're not 'customers' but beneficiaries of a great Linux community.

Having said that, though it may goes against Mint's development philosophy, I think it would be good to discretely put out the release-candidate as soon as it's minimally functional and let those willing to test it help iron out the bugs.
We have to be patient, we are not paying for this great distro, so lets be thankful to Boo and the team.

I can't wait as well, but hey it is for free and these people put in a lot of their time just as so they hand us over a good working product.

eiko
Level 1
Level 1

Post by eiko »

Good Morning Everyone,
I have several PCs with Intel I845 Graphics and Problems with Kubuntu 10.04.
Can we use Isadora KDE für this PCs?

eiko

Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

@zparihar
I am having a problem with mime types and default applications at the system level.
It is easy to use the gui to change your preferred app for a mime type, say mp3 to use amarok, and see the user level config file.
eg ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list
but I can not find a similar file at the system level, or whether it is a generated database/cache.

any ideas?

EDIT: i found it. obviously if you remove the mime type (audio/mp3) from the miro.desktop file it will be removed as a valid mp3 app.
Even funnier miro can not play mp3's so why have a mime type for it?
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!

The Mage
Level 1
Level 1

Post by The Mage »

zparihar wrote:I'm a Linux sysadmin, and have been working with Linux + KDE for the last 8 years now.

How can I get involved with the LinuxMint KDE team?
You could try PMing Boo, the bloke currently working on Mint KDE.

I would imagine he'd be able to offer some advice on how to get involved.

Cheers.

Leit
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Leit »

Boo wrote: 14-06-2010
Starting to build ISO.
Oh man, I'm dying still wating for the RC ^^
Is there some date, when it probably releases?
It is interesting the way we create complex and powerful tools to save us
from the complex and powerful tools we created previously.

pixelblender
Level 1
Level 1

Post by pixelblender »

I've been checking this thread everyday for the past 3 weeks. Can't wait for it to be release :lol: I've been a KDE user since early Mandrake days (then switch to Slackware, then Kubuntu) but Mint KDE 8 finally nailed it down for me .... i am a happy KDE Mint 8 user ;)

Thank you so much Boo and Clem! you guys have my utmost respect!

Chuckie
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Chuckie »

Boo wrote:I will try to keep everyone updated on my progress on Isadora KDE here.

14-06-2010
Starting to build ISO.

Cheers
Boo
Pardon my ignorance, but how long does it take to build an iso?

blazemore
Level 2
Level 2

Post by blazemore »

Chuckie wrote:
Boo wrote:I will try to keep everyone updated on my progress on Isadora KDE here.

14-06-2010
Starting to build ISO.

Cheers
Boo
Pardon my ignorance, but how long does it take to build an iso?
Not long but it has to be tested by Clem also

Return to “KDE”