KDE Crashes when I Use: Problem Akonadi

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
prosario2000

KDE Crashes when I Use: Problem Akonadi

Post by prosario2000 »

Whenever I use a KDE application in GNOME such as Kontact (my default Personal Information Management Suite), or when I login to KDE, the CPU goes overdrive and RAM gets crazy, until the computer crashes. When I look in the System Monitor, I find that it is all related to "akonadi contacts_resource", "akonadi_ical_resource", "akonadi_maildir_resource" and "akonadi_maildispatcher_agent", if I don't end any of these processes then the computer crashes again. Of course, I end these processes, and KDE and Kontact work just fine, but still, it is an annoyance.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how do I overcome this problem? Thank you very much in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Re: KDE Crashes when I Use: Problem Akonadi

Post by Boo »

in system setting you can turn off nepomuk, it is a metadatabase for the desktop that indexes everything and hogs resources.
Akondi is a storage service for KDE4 PIM so if you dont use the PIM apps you could get rid of it all.

Cheers
Jamie
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
obakfahad

Re: KDE Crashes when I Use: Problem Akonadi

Post by obakfahad »

That is the solution?

Return to “Software & Applications”