Auto sign-in, turn off "Wallet"

Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
pottzie
Level 2
Level 2

Auto sign-in, turn off "Wallet"

Post by pottzie »

I'd like to have KDE start without having to enter my password. It's a home computer, and the convenience of anyone being able to get on without knowing my password is more important to me than having a security feature that just makes other members of my family not like "that damn linux stuff" I keep on my computer. I'd also like to disable the "Wallet" security pop-up for the same reason.I don't need to "keep me safe" from myself.
Txnca
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Auto sign-in, turn off "Wallet"

Post by Txnca »

Hey! How goes it? Well, I can't help you with the log on, but with the Wallet all you have to do is go in and change your password for it to a blank and save it. That is all it takes to make it stop popping up. I didn't turn it off, but then I really didn't care to, just left it without any password so when I boot I don't have to put in my password to let every thing into it. Now I don't get bugged to put in my password for my wireless! Of course you can turn it off as well, there is a check box in the settings for it to turn it off. I would change the password to a blank before I turned it off though just to make sure that everything will work after you turn it off.
Asus P5E MB/Intel C2D E8400@3Ghz/6GB Corsair Dominator DRAM/nVidia 8800GT 512MB
8xHDD 3.82TB
LG 22x DVD Burner
Logitec 5.1 Speakers/High Def Sound
Antec Tower/480w PSU
Samsung 22" LCD Monitor
APC 1300-XS UPS
BrOiler1985
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Auto sign-in, turn off "Wallet"

Post by BrOiler1985 »

Hey ho!

I have a german version of Mint, so maybe the names of the points you have to click may differ: To automaticaly log in got to System Settings, Log In Screen, Simplification and then select Automatic Log In and the user name you want to auto log in. That does the trick :)

Return to “KDE”