GNOME VS KDE!!!

Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
linmint777
Level 5
Level 5

Re: GNOME VS KDE!!!

Post by linmint777 »

gnome in linux mint is great, but kde is buggy.
if you like the best kde experience, try aptosid, the most stable in 64 bits systems.
Linux Mint #1 Distro.
http://mintyubuntu.blogspot.com

sahilshinesalways
Level 4
Level 4

Post by sahilshinesalways »

Alas, I beg to differ. Just because there is no final "Correct answer" does not mean that the debate is not healthy. From it will come many useful ideas that will inevitably be incorporated into both environs.

cheers[/quote]
8) +1

well i fear rise of smartphones and fall of pcs will hav less usfuless and more troublesome...

i wish i could have privacy,with mobile itself;our each moves are tracked...i dnt wanna hav som1 sneeking me thru hacking/tracing/triangulation or wat so evr....i hope pcs remain 4evr.... :oops:
Facebook set to deactivate 83 million fake accounts --->http://technoguru.org/?p=609
registered Linux user #510231 | Registered linux machine #421068

Inoki
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Inoki »

what i'd like to point out and hint the developers to take this into consideration and with that i mean no disrespect, but despite the fact that many, or the majority of kde users use gnome network manager, how about totally leaving out kde network manager and implement gnome network manager into kde by default? don't you think kde would then ultimatively rock? think about it.

joutlan
Level 3
Level 3

Post by joutlan »

KDE !! If I wanted simplicity I'd stick with Windows....(re: Gnome) :lol:
DΞLL Precision M6600: "Big Dog" i7-820QM, 8.0GB DDR3-1333, RGBLED, nVidia Quadro 4000M 2.0GB DDR3, Intel 6250//ScientificLinux x64/Win7Pro x64
DΞLL Vostro 3350 "Nirvana" Linux Mint 13 MATE//Win764Pro

sahilshinesalways
Level 4
Level 4

Post by sahilshinesalways »

poor experience with ubuntu 11.04 natty alpha1..... :(

innovative but....*sigh*

any way unity is a shell of gnome or its totally different desktop envioment?
postng screenshots soon
Facebook set to deactivate 83 million fake accounts --->http://technoguru.org/?p=609
registered Linux user #510231 | Registered linux machine #421068

Java_Az
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Java_Az »

If you would have asked me a week ago i would have said for sure KDE. But last week i broke My kubuntu ( some how missed a whole paragraph that said do this first or you will break your system) and decided to try out Mint 10. Maybe i just needed a change or something But this Gnome kicks Butt. It for sure is growing on me more every day. This just might turn out to be my new Primary OS. Mint 10 KDE will for sure get a partition when it goes gold. But KDE might not get the air time like days of old.

Meteor
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Meteor »

Interesting. It seems to me that I've read similar opinions on another OS' forum where we have the KDE and Gnome users each sticking up for their personal DESKTOP environment. That's great! I've read through this lengthy epistle and see that it is running very roughly 50-50 even though it is in the KDE forum. I've enjoyed the positive comments both sides have made and have been surprised that at least one KDE user is still a fan of 3.5. If it works for you, then that's what you should use.

Myself, I'm torn between Gnome and Xfce. This message is being done on the LiveCD of Isadora Xfce as, due to the age of both myself and my system, even Gnome 2x is making the system work. It looks as is Xfce Julia may be a while before we see her due to unfortunate situations with the person trying to get her in shape, however, I'm patient.

KDE 4.seems too much for me personally so I've decided not to have my machine and my head strain with it. I have to admit, though, that when I first started with Linux four and a half years ago, the first OS I downloaded was a KDE 3 base. It worked fine then. I switched to Linux Mint in 2008 (IIRC) and have been using the various versions since, all Gnome as it just felt right for me and my computer.

Enjoy the debate, fellow Mint-ers. It's interesting to read your thoughts and views about your favourite desktops.

Meteor
Canada, eh

sylvainsjc
Level 1
Level 1

Post by sylvainsjc »

Hi all,

Look at this ans see the number of results : http://www.google.com/search?source=ig& ... h&aq=f&oq=

Now look this other and compares : http://www.google.com/search?source=ig& ... h&aq=f&oq=

:mrgreen:

dequire
Level 4
Level 4

Post by dequire »

theZoid wrote:KDE !! If I wanted simplicity I'd stick with Windows....(re: Gnome) :lol:
+1

8)
They'll all look at me and say,
Hey look at him! I'll never live that way.
But that's okay -
They're just afraid to change.
- Shannon Hoon

The Blue Mint

Return to “KDE”