KdeSudo error pops up on every boot.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Old Ruler
Level 5
Level 5

KdeSudo error pops up on every boot.

Post by Old Ruler »

Mint 10 KDE RC: I have everything configured pretty much as I like it and working well, but after every boot I get an information dialog which says:
  • Information - KdeSudo
    • No command arguments supplied!
      Usage: kdesudo [-u <runas>] <command>
      KdeSudo will now exit...
It only takes one click to close it, but I'd rather (with your help) find the cause and get rid of it. It doesn't seem to affect anything.

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
smsmith

Re: KdeSudo error pops up on every boot.

Post by smsmith »

This was happening to me, too.

I solved it by doing one of the two:

1 - Finally had a successful "clean" shutdown. Plasma kept crashing on me and one time, it didn't. The next time I rebooted, I didn't get this prompt.

2 - I went into the settings and set "start with a new session" as my choice, rather than the default of "restore previous session". I forget where exactly this setting is in the System Settings.
Old Ruler
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Old Ruler »

Thanks. Haven't had any unclean shutdowns and, of course, haven't seen the message since, but I've changed Settings - System Administration - Startup and Shutdown (Bottom Right) - Session Management - On login to Start with an empty session anyway. :)
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

I think I have figured out where this is coming from.

I have reset to resume my session.

If I try to shutdown or restart with Amarok open (playing stream), plasma will always crash on me. Then, on restart, I get this kdesudo error message.
jamied_uk
Level 2
Level 2

Post by jamied_uk »

I want to supress the error i like having previous session restored! im on mint 18.3 kde?

Return to “Software & Applications”