The Official UNOFFICIAL KMint 11 Kataya Request Thread

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cpatrick08

Re: The Official UNOFFICIAL KMint 11 Kataya Request Thread

Post by cpatrick08 »

thouartsimple wrote:
andrew5859 wrote:So this is good till 2012?
Sorry, I deleted my post because I am not totally sure when the next LTS will come out. Isadora is good until April 2013, though.
the next lts will come out in april of 2012 and then every two years later a new lts comes out https://wiki.kubuntu.org/LTS
Andrew33

Post by Andrew33 »

need to put the boot logo back in.....don't like the black screen...the logo is part of LM, that's what makes it unique from the others.....thanks Patrick for the info...cheers
Andrew33

Post by Andrew33 »

OH!!...BTW...there are still issues with the Alps P/S2 Alps Dual Point Touchpad....I cannot use the full functionality of the touchpad, this has been an issue that has not been addressed by devs since LM10 came out. Everything worked great in LM9....right now, I'm playing with LM11 and am not able to resize the windows with the touchpad and buttons to drag it wider or higher/shorter
Andrew33

Post by Andrew33 »

Wasn't this supposed to be a request thread.....I made my request known here on the Alps Touchpad, but instead of being answered, I got moved to a different thread. Then the individual removed his replies from that thread....this is making a poor image for devs and moderators. I know you are few, but good grief, don't just send people off to some corner like a misbehaved school child....treat people with respect and you'll receive the same.
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

My post appeared in the wrong topic I think. I don't know what happened exactly, but at least I did not want to respond to your Alps Touchpad.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
switchback

Post by switchback »

I will start by saying that I am a NOOB and have little knowledge of Linux but I do have some observations. I switched to Mint 10 KDE from Ubuntu 10.10 and love it on my old laptop. I like the interface, widgets, ratings for software, stability... It works well on the ~5yo hardware. Mint 10 would not initially update itself and had to figure out the command lines to get the 10 updates to work. After the initial frustration it is working great. Contrary to this experience, my 1year old i7, 8gb ram, ATI Radeon 57xx, 5TB system won't load either the 32 or 64 bit live DVDs in standard or safe modes (can't remember the exact titles of the alternate modes). Kubuntu 11.04, no problems at all with the live CD or the install. Dual boots great with Win 7. I guess what I am saying is make sure the next version works with relatively recent hardware and fix some of the other initial bugs before the release. Enthusiasts can overcome these technical issues but many of us with limited experience will go back to Ubuntu when things get difficult. Having used Mint 10 KDE for months and Kubuntu 11.04 for a week or so I still prefer Mint. I will see how the next live dvd works and see where I want to go from there.

Return to “Software & Applications”