Mint KDE installation

Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
agusr32
Level 1
Level 1

Mint KDE installation

Post by agusr32 »

I just installed linux mint KDE, everything was going well until he error in the final moment (if packages are downloaded, to whore ...) I know if I use it to install? or what was downloaded at that time is available for download later?. the operating system works, now I'm using it, things are translated, everything is fine now even though the installation was interrupted at the end. I should do? I can continue using it or should I reinstall?
I noticed this: mintUpdate not let me update because he said "can not apply the changes, fix broken packages first" and put in the terminal: "sudo apt-get upgrade" or something, and update everything. but now open mintUpdate and follow the updates as not installed (285, 413 mb).
I speak Spanish, I used the translator.
may respond in English, thanks.
ukbrian
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Mint KDE installation

Post by ukbrian »

Try just updating MintUpdate only at first, that should work for you.
tomp01
Level 3
Level 3

Post by tomp01 »

Use the command line and type:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
vaxxipooh
Level 2
Level 2

Post by vaxxipooh »

agusr32 wrote:I just installed linux mint KDE, everything was going well until he error in the final moment (if packages are downloaded, to whore ...) I know if I use it to install? or what was downloaded at that time is available for download later?. the operating system works, now I'm using it, things are translated, everything is fine now even though the installation was interrupted at the end. I should do? I can continue using it or should I reinstall?
I noticed this: mintUpdate not let me update because he said "can not apply the changes, fix broken packages first" and put in the terminal: "sudo apt-get upgrade" or something, and update everything. but now open mintUpdate and follow the updates as not installed (285, 413 mb).
I speak Spanish, I used the translator.
may respond in English, thanks.
Hia
take a look at this thread ...

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... le#p394589
~.: Vaxxipooh :.~
Gunnarn, Sweden
http://kahli.dmz.se

I'd rather have a free bottle in front of me than a prefrontal lobotomy ...
rec9140
Level 5
Level 5

Post by rec9140 »

agusr32 wrote:I just installed linux mint KDE, everything was going well until he error in the final moment (if packages are downloaded, to whore ...) I know if I use it to install? or what was downloaded at that time is available for download later?. the operating system works, now I'm using it, things are translated, everything is fine now even though the installation was interrupted at the end. I should do? I can continue using it or should I reinstall?
Do a sort of the packages to be updated by package size. at the top you will find one which is 0 bytes. This will be libmarblewidget10

UNCHECK this and then proceed with the update.
Julep....mixing.....KDE Done right, and minty.
http://www.juleplinux.com

Its been a great 3 year run! Thanks for the fish.. but time for new waters....

Return to “KDE”