VLC 1.1.4 open files etc. not working

Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
lKingjr
Level 5
Level 5

VLC 1.1.4 open files etc. not working

Post by lKingjr »

I have LM10 KDE installed and just noticed that VLC's open file menu, open advanced file, open directory choices are not working. I can right click on a video file and use "open with" and that does start the video in VLC. I do have oxygen-transparent installed if that could be the problem. I also noticed that gnome-mplayer fails to stay open. I get this error when I start it from the terminal...
louis@louis-VirtualBox ~ $ gnome-mplayer
Gtk:ERROR:/build/buildd/gtk+2.0-2.22.0/gtk/gtkrecentmanager.c:1942:get_icon_fallback: assertion failed: (retval != NULL)
Aborted
anyone know how to fix either one?
there are three groups of people in the world. those that can count, and those that can't.
iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB
vaxxipooh
Level 2
Level 2

Re: VLC 1.1.4 open files etc. not working

Post by vaxxipooh »

lKingjr wrote: I also noticed that gnome-mplayer fails to stay open. I get this error when I start it from the terminal...
louis@louis-VirtualBox ~ $ gnome-mplayer
Gtk:ERROR:/build/buildd/gtk+2.0-2.22.0/gtk/gtkrecentmanager.c:1942:get_icon_fallback: assertion failed: (retval != NULL)
Aborted
I have that problems with GTK apps like gnome-mplayer fails just like that - when i deleted the icon theme's in: ~/.kde/share/icons and installed them to: /usr/share/icons it worked just fine for me ...

Hope that helps for that one ...
~.: Vaxxipooh :.~
Gunnarn, Sweden
http://kahli.dmz.se

I'd rather have a free bottle in front of me than a prefrontal lobotomy ...
mads
Level 6
Level 6

Post by mads »

lKingjr wrote:Gtk:ERROR:/build/buildd/gtk+2.0-2.22.0/gtk/gtkrecentmanager.c:1942:get_icon_fallback: assertion failed: (retval != NULL)
Aborted
Hi.
I saw several "workarounds" in this bug report. If you haven't already seen it, please check it out. I think it might give you
some idea of how to fix it.

PS! The workaround by "vaxxipooh" is also mentioned in that bug report.
lKingjr
Level 5
Level 5

Post by lKingjr »

moving the icons fixed the gnome-mplayer problem but I still can't open files in VLC from it's file menu.

I'm getting this error in the terminal...
KGlobal::locale::Warning your global KLocale is being recreated with a valid main component instead of a fake component, this usually means you tried to call i18n related functions before your main component was created. You should not do that since it most likely will not work
Warning: call to sigaction(13, 0xb74a7a44, (nil))
QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch failed: No such file or directory
QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths: /home/louis/.config/ibus/bus
Bus::open: Can not get ibus-daemon's address.
IBusInputContext::createInputContext: no connection to ibus-daemon
QProcess: Destroyed while process is still running.
there are three groups of people in the world. those that can count, and those that can't.
iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB

Return to “KDE”