Is this KDE 4.0 tut still valid?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
zengeek

Is this KDE 4.0 tut still valid?

Post by zengeek »

Hi all,
Just wondering if it's still possible to do all the things mentioned here, In later releases, particularly the use of the "Present Windows" effect.

http://www.kde.org/announcements/4.0/desktop.php

I'm an alt tab kinda guy. When I'm not typing I like to have one hand on the ctrl-alt-tab triad for all kinds of switching goodness and the other on the mouse for clicking links etc. ANYWAY, "Present windows" seems to have pre-empted Gnome3's overlay mode and I'd like to try KDE, if this feature is still available.

It seems that KDE has all ready rolled out and stabilised a lot of things that Gnome3 is trying out. But it's had time to iron out the bugs, and manages to keep the traditional desktop system available as well.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zerozero

Re: Is this KDE 4.0 tut still valid?

Post by zerozero »

i've just retest it (specially the present windows effect in 4.6.3 and works
zengeek

Post by zengeek »

Legend.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

zengeek

Post by zengeek »

WOW, that was really good. It's ridiculously hard to find stuff like this sometimes.

I just downloaded some isos to play with and I'm really liking KDE.
Now I just need to figure out why Kubuntu live disk works but mintKDE doesn't...

Return to “Software & Applications”