Mint 12 KDE

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
BostonPeng

Re: Mint 12 KDE

Post by BostonPeng »

Good to hear, Manny. I'll look forward to KDE 4.8 coming to LMDE, although with some recent issues I'm holding off on a distro-upgrade. When I last looked at the upgrade list too many things wanted to be removed, including Synaptic. Since Kpackagekit isn't available yet in LMDE and there's no Mint Updater in the DU (last I saw) it would mean I'd have no way to add packages other than the CLI. I can do the terminal but I really like having a GUI app to check release notes on upgrades.
ferri

Post by ferri »

I do not have very good experience from my using of LMDE. I was running it for two weeks.
Manual commissioning of my wifi broadcom via terminal, missing localization and so manual searching and installing appropriate packages, etc.
This is not way for usual users.

LM 12 KDE with base of Kubuntu is much more suitable and easy for common users than with base Debian testing.
BostonPeng

Post by BostonPeng »

I'm sorry to hear you had problems, ferri. Please let the LMDE team know so they can get things fixed. Those are ugly bugs to have out there.
nico

Post by nico »

Since we are here as testers too ,I am running kde 4.7.97 (4.8 RC2) on Lisa KDE... :D
it works pretty good, i still have problems of nepomuk disabling itself and login without password disabling after an update, as well as fonts coming back to defaut settings, but those are minor issues.
What i can't bear is that ugly appearence of firefox, i didn't change anything from what i did on kubuntu 11.10, but this browser on KMint looks pretty awful :roll:
ferri

Post by ferri »

BostonPeng wrote:I'm sorry to hear you had problems, ferri. Please let the LMDE team know so they can get things fixed. Those are ugly bugs to have out there.
Those are known issues and I managed to resolve them.
But I want to point out that LMDE is not for everybody. It is for skilled people.
BostonPeng

Post by BostonPeng »

ferri wrote:
BostonPeng wrote:I'm sorry to hear you had problems, ferri. Please let the LMDE team know so they can get things fixed. Those are ugly bugs to have out there.
Those are known issues and I managed to resolve them.
But I want to point out that LMDE is not for everybody. It is for skilled people.
Ok, thanks. I didn't know they were known issues. Hopefully one day we can get LMDE with the current KDE something anyone can use, not just the geeks.
podagee

Post by podagee »

currently dual booted with mint 12 and netrunner 4.0.making my usb for mint 12 kde right now and gonna give it a test run.

Return to “Software & Applications”