mint 12 kde issue(RESOLVED)

Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
nop
Level 1
Level 1

Re: mint 12 kde issue

Post by nop »

I had the same problem with the software manager (mitinstall) and even synaptic, but only, when I started them with Kickoff> Favorits. When I start them with Kickoff>Computer>Software Manager or Kickoff>Computer>Synaptic they work well. So it seems to be a problem of Kickoff.
nico
Level 2
Level 2

Post by nico »

I don't know if the two things are related or not, but just half an hour ago i received an update about ifupdown packet , after that Mintinstall started to work as expected
:lol:
Great
andromeda.
Level 1
Level 1

Post by andromeda. »

It 'happened to me and I installed the kernel 3.0.0.15 from synaptic, and it went fine.
Hello
Mint 12 Lisa Kde, Kernel 3.0.0.15 pae , the best kde
Mint 10 Julia, Kernel 2.6.38.8 awn , a 'good alternative
ASUS X5DIP,Pentium T4400 NVIDIA GEFORCE G205M
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kmb42vt »

Installed the latest updates, the 3.0.15 kernel and the new 3.2 kernel. uninstalled and reinstalled the Nvidia driver (for my GT 430 card) and the Software Manager still crashes as soon as it opens. Synaptic however never had a problem from the beginning. Always worked. This is on LM 12 KDE RC 64-bit.

For me it's not really a problem since I hardly ever use the Software Manager, but it would be nice if it did work when I needed it. This is definitely a show stopper though.
"Humph. Choice, it is the quintessential Linux delusion, simultaneously the source of it's greatest strength, and it's greatest weakness." (All apologies to The Architect)
andromeda.
Level 1
Level 1

Post by andromeda. »

I'm sorry, it's probably a bug in the 64-bit version, everything works fine with the 32-bit version and kernel3.0.0.15, just wait and it will be solved.
hello
Mint 12 Lisa Kde, Kernel 3.0.0.15 pae , the best kde
Mint 10 Julia, Kernel 2.6.38.8 awn , a 'good alternative
ASUS X5DIP,Pentium T4400 NVIDIA GEFORCE G205M
Noozy
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Noozy »

I am having the same issue with the Software Manager on 12 KDE 32bit Kernel version 3.0.0.15

If I run mintinstall from the terminal then the Software Manager stays up for a little bit longer before crashing out (just enough time to search for a package).

The error message I receive in the terminal is Segmentation fault

I'm only playing with the KDE release to see what it is like anyway. I can get by with downloaded packages and Synaptic, but I'm a bit OCD when it comes to having everything working.
podagee
Level 5
Level 5

Post by podagee »

Say it with me,"podagee,....(poh-duh-gee),"
got it?GOOD!

Toshiba Satellite P755-S5393 Intel i7
octo-core @ 2.20ghz
750gb hdd
8gb ram
Windows 8 PRO w/WMC 64bit
guimaster

Post by guimaster »

cudayne wrote:I fixed mine or well crashed into the fix. After trying an botching my nvidia driver install I found this thread http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=92283 after doing what the second poster said an doing the kernel upgrade then installing the video driver low an behold the software manager as well as my nvidia video card work.

So too the untrained it maybe a video driver issue or some other change in the kernel that makes it work. As stated before i did this on multiple installs of mint 12 rc software manaer woud open an 5 secnd later close. Now i have successfully installed 3 packages. hope this helps someone.
I can confirm that after installing the latest version of the Kernel, 3.2.0-17 that I still have the same problem with Software Manager. I also have Intel Video instead of Nvidia.

Return to “KDE”