KDE 12 mscorefonts-install hangs in Synaptic installing Wine

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ronshere

KDE 12 mscorefonts-install hangs in Synaptic installing Wine

Post by Ronshere »

I tried to install Wine in Mint 12 KDE rc and it hangs when it gets to the ttf fonts.
A popup is supposed to appear asking me to okay their install but it does not appear, instead
it shows only in the applying changes window and is not interactive.
I had to close Synaptic and when I reopened it I received a message saying to try Sudo blah blah configure-a
but it does not install anyway, however it shows it as installed in the terminal!
I tried closing, rebooting, etc several times but synaptic remains hung up on the fonts installation issue so I finaly
tried to uninstal them with synaptic and received the following message
"E: ttf-mscorefonts-installer: Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should reinstall it before attempting a removal."
After following the instructions above i received this message
"E: /var/cache/apt/archives/ttf-mscorefonts-installer_3.3ubuntu4_all.deb: subprocess new pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
E: man-db: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1"
So I then uninstalled wine from synaptic in order to get up and running otherwise. But no Wine or fonts.I then tried to install Celtx and was
not able to as the ttf fonts were not installed which brought me back to the wine hang ups etc again!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
colyn

Re: KDE 12 mscorefonts-install hangs in Synaptic installing

Post by colyn »

During install did you click the arrow "show files"?

If you do that you will see the Microsoft terms. You then hit the tab key then enter to ok it..

There is no popup..
DebbieV

[solved]lKDE 12 mscorefonts-ihangs in Synaptic installing Wi

Post by DebbieV »

YAY! this worked for me!
I tried everything but TAB. :-)

Thx!
:-D
Relative
Level 3
Level 3

KDE 12 and 13 mscorefonts-install hangs in Synaptic installi

Post by Relative »

Once again, a quick search of the forum gave me the answer. Who would ever guess to hit 'tab' to get to the mode that allows giving the OK for the font install.

Thanks,
Mike Cebula
Mate 21.3 - MacBookPro2,1, MacBook2,1
Mate 21.3 - ThinkPad L430, ThinkPad T430, Dell N7110, iMac8.1, Toshiba A215
Mate 19.3 - (32-bit version) Old home-built P4 desktop.
Raspbian - Pi3 & Pi4.
All except P4 machine run cancer research 24/7.

Return to “Software & Applications”