Thumbs Up!

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kuvanito

Thumbs Up!

Post by kuvanito »

One of the Finest release ever from the Mint Team and perhaps in the whole Unix community.
Well Done! No wonder you are #1 at the Distrowatch Ranking....
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Thumbs Up!

Post by tdockery97 »

I'm afraid I have to agree with you 100%.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
BubbaBlues

Post by BubbaBlues »

Just installed last night and so far I'm impressed. Great job!!
Stennie

Post by Stennie »

After many years I decided to try KDE again.
Nothings changed still as glitchy as it always was. :(
BubbaBlues

Post by BubbaBlues »

As opposed to gnome? Yeah right. If it's been many years since you've tried KDE, then the glitches are probably in the user.
ssreddy555

Post by ssreddy555 »

Installed a couple of days ago. Earlier I was using Mint 11 64 bit. That was also good; but this ediotion is superb; very smooth installation & every thing works out of box. Great creation!
mads

Post by mads »

ssreddy555 wrote:Installed a couple of days ago. Earlier I was using Mint 11 64 bit. That was also good; but this ediotion is superb; very smooth installation & every thing works out of box. Great creation!
I migrated from Mint 12, and I quite agree. What a superb OS, awesome.. :D
Knusperkeks

Post by Knusperkeks »

@Stennie and all the other KDE "lovers". KDE bashing is absolutly outdated.....KDE is back...check the IRC, check the big releases, check even KDE only releases who grow in popularity.(chakra for example).....I agree with ppl who say that KDE was in its early 4.x releases bad but with 4.7x and especially 4.8, KDE is back.

Some ppl seem to forget that KDE was THE Desktop enviroment before 4.0, very few ppl used Gnome....You forget one importand thing, one reason for Gnomes success was KDEs fail with 4.0.....nearly all the KDE ppl who went to Gnome after the KDE 4.0 desaster where never really happy with Gnome and its limitations.( which are good for beginners)...and with Gnome 3 and Unity...well ...no comment.

I like KDE...and i have only one issue the "evil" Akonadi....if they fix that....ill donate :lol:
Last edited by Knusperkeks on Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
claudecat

Post by claudecat »

Knusperkeks wrote:KDE bashing is absolutly outdated.....KDE is back...check the IRC, check the big releases, check even KDE only releases who grow in popularity.(chakra for example).....I agree with ppl who say that KDE was in its early 4.x releases bad but with 4.7x and especially 4.8, KDE is back.

Some ppl seem to forget that KDE was THE Desktop enviroment before 4.0, very few ppl used Gnome....You forget one importand thing, one reason for Gnomes success was KDEs fail with 4.0.....nearly all the KDE ppl who went to Gnome after the KDE 4.0 desaster where never really happy with Gnome and its limitations.( which are good for beginners)...and with Gnome 3 and Unity...well ...no comment.

I like KDE...and i have only one issue the "evil" Akonadi....if they fix that....ill donate :lol:
I couldn't agree more! KDE has been great again since at least 4.5 or so. I predict it will continue to grow with all the gnome-shell/unity hubbub scaring users to other DE's. XFCE is good, but KDE is great.
Stennie

Post by Stennie »

After I installed KDE all was good for a hour....

Then the workspace switcher/pager stopped working.
Then the activities desktop thingy broke down, only the first desktop works the rest have frozen icons.
Then the menu button stopped working.

That was the last straw, stopped using it. :?

Return to “Software & Applications”