[SOLVED] HDMI

Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
yours-truly
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] HDMI

Post by yours-truly »

so with windows i just hooked my laptop up to my tv threw HDMI and it worked but now with linux mint 12 kde the resolution is way off do need to get a driver?
Last edited by yours-truly on Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
SsAnubis
Level 1
Level 1

Re: HDMI

Post by SsAnubis »

All you should need to do is set the resolution on the second display. Go to the Mint Menu and type the word "display" in the search at the top of the menu and click the option with the same name that appears below, or you can also reach this by going to the menu clicking the "Computer" tab at the bottom and clicking system which will bring you to a large section full of configuration tools for KDE (similar to Windows Control Panel). Once you get to the display settings you will see how ever many displays that are currently active on the left side, most likely two one being your laptops LCD and the other being the screen you have plugged in via HDMI. Change the resolution on the HDMI device to what ever you want, if you do not know what to set it to the standard wide screen resolutions tend to be 16:9 and fall unter the resolutions 1280x720, 1366x768 and/or 1920x1080 depending on your devices compatibility. If you want sound to play through your HDMI device you will need to change your sound device priorities and may need to download the propriatary drivers as well. I personally had to install the drivers first for my ATI gfx card through Jockey which is provided in Mint.

Good luck!

Return to “KDE”