(SOLVED) Dummy audio output, 6ch, no sound :(

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Sam Poison Oak

(SOLVED) Dummy audio output, 6ch, no sound :(

Post by Sam Poison Oak »

EDIT: I've just found the solutions in this post http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=205449.
Sorry for the long post and the multiple replies.....

ORIGINAL POST:
Hello everybody!! :twisted:
Good work on what have you done with this distro! It's really fast and smooth!
I'm a total n00b :? and I started using the mint-kde latest distro(32bit) just today :!: ... Everything works fine and like it has to be but with some wanderings in my side; I'm really tired after searching for hours the answers and finally came to the forum for some help :oops:

How do I enable the 5.1 (6ch) output on phonon?
I'm using the defaults gstream + pulse audio (or is it alsa?) and just obtaining full stereo audio when I unplugged the center/sub channel cable. On audio hardware setup it states internal audio where it should say hdaintel(ich7/realtek alc662), like on my previous mint12(LMGSE) installation, selecting the analog stereo duplex profile as default just outputs stereo sound(no 5.1ch options is given). My subwoofer is bleeding for some bumpy action 8) !

Now I'm really needing help! :( On phonon the default audio hardware is gone and got replaced by independent device, device preferences just states dummy output. Sound is gone either on vlc, amarok or system sounds. I've tried sudo alasa-force reload/unload/load,etc but nothing helps. I don't really know what else to do, some guideance would be really helpful ;_; please!

I must say that on my previous Mint12(LMGSE) I installed kde 4.8 and the audio gone broke and hdaintel dissapeared from hardware selection on phonon :S Maybe that's the reason why it doesnt appears anymore on phonon, even with a fresh-clean install?

I would be really happy if all my questions could be solved :D

My setup is:
Linux Mint12 KDE 4.7.4 kernel 3.0.0-12-generic
BIOSTAR g31m7-te
PentiumD E1280@2.00GHz
2Gb DDR2@800mhz
Realtek ALC662(hdaintel/ich7)
GMA3100
Last edited by Sam Poison Oak on Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sam Poison Oak

BUMP

Post by Sam Poison Oak »

BUMPYTY BUMP!
Sam Poison Oak

Re: REAL TROUBLED Dummy audio output, no sound :(

Post by Sam Poison Oak »

Okay I understand that nobody is going to help a newbi....... bad for me. I've just found the solutions in this post http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=205449.
Sorry for the long post and the multiple replies.....
dagon
Level 7
Level 7

Post by dagon »

Thanks for sharing. Audio on Linux can be, hmm... less rewarding... so if you don't get an answer it might well be because people don't know.
Personally I did't know what kind of an animal a phonon is, never heard of it. :shock:
Sam Poison Oak

Post by Sam Poison Oak »

Phonon is the audio setup manager under KDE ._. no problem everything is fine...

PD: are here any mod or admin that can delete my replies and lock my post? I can't simply find a button or option to do that :/

Return to “Software & Applications”