Trouble with external monitor

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
warrington
Level 1
Level 1

Trouble with external monitor

Post by warrington »

Hello,

I have a HP stream 14 laptop. I've tried to make it work with two monitors using the 'display' option in the settings menu, but it seems that it's only possible to make the external monitor mirror the laptop monitor.
What I want, is the two monitors to be independent of each others, so that I for example can have a web page open on my laptop monitor and a libreoffice document open on my external monitor,

Does anyone know how this can be fixed?

Thank you for any help you can offer
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lucianoloder
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Trouble with external monitor

Post by lucianoloder »

Well, on my notebook, when i open "system settings->monitor" there is a clickbox saying "same image in all monitors", and i can also drag the image containing the monitor name on the black box. Does this work for you?

Are you using which mint, 20?
wallyUSA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wallyUSA »

@warrington,
Did you uncheck 'Mirror Displays' in System Settings, Display?
dual monitors.jpg
dual monitors.jpg (22.28 KiB) Viewed 755 times
> If your query has been resolved, edit your original post and add <SOLVED> to the beginning of the subject line. This may help others find solutions. <

Dell Latitude 7490 Mint 21.3 Ker 5.15.0-105 Cinn 6.0.4
warrington
Level 1
Level 1

Post by warrington »

Hello,

I solved it by checking and unchecking the "mirror display" box a couple of times.

Return to “Xfce”