unable to load debian xfce

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
biffer
Level 2
Level 2

unable to load debian xfce

Post by biffer »

Hi,

I've downloaded the above, burnt the dvd, and checked that the data is okay. It is.

However, when I try to open the distro, things just jam up. The first choice, start debian, stops at
"waiting for /dev to be fully populated [24.010121] SP5100 TCO timer. mmio address 0xGfe00 already in use."

The second choice, compatability version, stalls at
"05MHz voltage P00mv available graphics 2030062 kiB
27.0466741 512MiB GART (aperture)"

There's a lot more in the same vein, none of which is understandable by me. Could somebody help here, please/
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
monkeyboy

Re: unable to load debian xfce

Post by monkeyboy »

Details! Details! Details!

Include the version and architecture (32-bit, 64-bit) of Linux Mint.
List any relevant hardware or software specifications. 'inxi' is a useful terminal command for listing hardware, use inxi -h for a full listing of identification. To provide a full output of your hardware, type the following in terminal -> inxi -Fc 0
List what Display Environment you are using if relevant (GNOME, KDE, XFCE, LXDE, etc).
If you have output errors, list them in their entirety.

From the wonderful "before you post read this" section posted towards the top of most pages in the forum. Good Luck
biffer
Level 2
Level 2

Post by biffer »

I should of course posted all my computer details first thing. Trouble is it's a new computer and I'm not sure what I've got yet. And, in addition, when I tried both terminal commands you suggested neither of them worked. I got 'no such command' or similar.

Now I don't really feel up to delving into anything deep at the moment. So I'll forget about Debian Mint and just carry on as normal until I feel prepared for a proper session.

Thanks very much for answering my original post, Monkeyboy. Hope you're around when I come back.

best wishes,
jjaythomas

Post by jjaythomas »

If still wondering or looking...

I found a Window box with one of those (secret) partitions (for back-ups) aren't alway compatible to run a linux.
Also SSD drive (mainly hybrid ones) don't like some distros. Had to install one distro 1st to clean instal another (a GPARTED HD wipe didnt work either).

So if have a spare HD lying aroud may want to swap Hard Drive to see if LMint runs on hardware. :wink:

J.Jay

P.S. Ihave a hybrid SSD that Swift Linux (distro) won't insall (or do anything after live boot :x ) BUTonce I install LMint (proper :wink: ) I can clean install Swift Linux (even change partitions during install). :shock:

Return to “Xfce”