Cairo dock open 7 bars at each boot

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gmex

Cairo dock open 7 bars at each boot

Post by gmex »

Every morning my Linux Mint 14 Nadia XFCE open 7 bars of cairo dock no openGL.

I uncheked cairo dock at starup programs.
I uncheked save the session.

But still I must close 6 cairo bars each morning.

What can I do?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
G13

Re: Cairo dock open 7 bars at each boot

Post by G13 »

Not sure if it would help to remove it completely and do a fresh install of it again. Worth a shot I suppose.
FriedEggs

Post by FriedEggs »

Clear the cache of saved sessions.

You can either do this from the 'Startup and Sessions' Settings, or from the terminal:

Code: Select all

rm -rf .cache/sessions
You might also want to uncheck the box that says 'save my session on logout'. I have had the same problem, where the XFCE session manager reloads cairo-dock from the saved session and runs it from the startup list, though in theory this shouldn't happen. If you keep saving the session on logout, I assume you keep adding an extra instance at each login.
FriedEggs

Post by FriedEggs »

G13 wrote:Not sure if it would help to remove it completely and do a fresh install of it again. Worth a shot I suppose.
Oh, and further to my last post, PLEASE don't do a reinstall. If you really can't fix it, log out, switch to a VT (CTRL-ALT-F1), log in as yourself and type

Code: Select all

rm -rf .config/xfce4
cp -r /etc/xdg/xfce4 ~/.config
This will wipe all your XFCE config settings and put you back to the default Mint settings.

Then

Return to “Xfce”