Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Kneewax
Level 1
Level 1

XFCE prinitng multiple copies jobs issue

Post by Kneewax » Fri May 10, 2013 5:39 am

Hi folks,

I have an odd issue with printing in XFCE.

I have two network printers an HP Photosmart 2575 and a newer Samsung CLX-6260ND. Both show the same issue when printing from XFCE but didn't when I was using MATE. When I send a multiple copies job to either printer (I regularly print jobs of 60 - 250 copies of multiple page documents) each copy I request goes into the print queue as a separate job. i.e. 60 x 2 page double sided print job goes in queue as 60 double sided print jobs. I have tried the print dialogue setting for collating multiple copies into one job and I have tried changing settings within the driver managers for each printer individually but to no avail. On large jobs this strange behaviour doubles the time a print run takes (as the printers prime themselves between each individual job) and is extremely frustrating.

H\as anyone seen this odd behaviour before? It's starting to really frustrate!

aac74
Level 2
Level 2

Re: XFCE prinitng multiple copies jobs issue

Post by aac74 » Sat May 18, 2013 2:40 pm

Don't think the xfce desktop has any effect on printing which is all done via CUPS.

Try setting up default options for printers via CUPS web interface in a browser:

http://localhost:631/admin > manager printers > click printer

use dropdown to change default settings (there should be multiple pages of settings)

Return to “Xfce”