Maya 13 Xfce LTS - how long is the support

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sebatbg

Maya 13 Xfce LTS - how long is the support

Post by sebatbg »

Hi there

I'm not sure so I wan't to ask.

Maya 13 LTS Cinamon and Mate are supported until April 2017

Does it include xfce version too?

Best Regards

Sebastian
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Maya 13 Xfce LTS - how long is the support

Post by karlchen »

Hello, Sebastian.

Telling from this official Linux Mint webpage Linux Mint Releases all flavours of Mint 13 should have longterm support till April 2017.
This is not totally unlikely, because the underlying Ubuntu edition 12.04 "Precise Pangolin" will be supported by Canonical till April 2017.

P.S.:
In this blog find Clem's answer to the question in post #13. He confirms that Mint 13 xfce will be supported for the full 5 years like Mint 13 Mate and Mint 13 Cinnamon.

Kind regards,
Karl
Last edited by karlchen on Sat May 25, 2013 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline
MtnDewManiac
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MtnDewManiac »

Thanks. I was also curious.

It seems weird that Mint 14 - which has been out a while now - will have support until next April, but Mint 15 - which doesn't even have a release-version yet - will only have support until next January. I guess that has to do with Cannonical shortening the length of support of Ubuntu's non-LTS versions.

Which has nothing to do with LTS, of course, but it does cause me to wonder: Did the length of support for Ubuntu's LTS versions get shortened as well? If so, how long is the next LTS version of Mint expected to be supported? Will its last day of support be further in the future than Mint 13's? BtW, what is the version number of the next Mint that will be a LTS and (ballpark estimate) when will it be released? Some time in 2014?

Regards,
MDM
Mint 18 Xfce 4.12.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
rkmugen

Post by rkmugen »

MtnDewManiac wrote:...BtW, what is the version number of the next Mint that will be a LTS and (ballpark estimate) when will it be released? Some time in 2014?
If they (the Linux Mint team) sticks to the "tradition" of making every 4th release as the LTS version (starting with Linux Mint 5), my guess would be probably that it'd look like this:

Linux Mint 5 LTS + 4 = Linux Mint 9 LTS
Linux Mint 9 LTS + 4 = Linux Mint 13 LTS
Linux Mint 13 LTS + 4 = Linux Mint 17 LTS (supposedly)

I can't speak for everyone, but hopefully, in my case, the next LTS release would have better support for older hardware (circa 2005+ and newer) compared to Mint 14, because all my attempts to upgrade to 14 have been less than stellar... in fact, it won't even boot after either dist-upgrading or doing a fresh install from the .ISO (likely due to the fact that I don't have a PAE-equipped processor). :(

Mint 13 XFCE, on the other hand, has been incredibly stable and really fast, despite all the stuff I through at it! >:)
The Dark Side

Post by The Dark Side »

Linux Mint 13 (LTS) has some excellent Five (5) Years of fantastic support in all editions .... Best regards.
baptiste

Post by baptiste »

rkmugen wrote:
MtnDewManiac wrote: I can't speak for everyone, but hopefully, in my case, the next LTS release would have better support for older hardware (circa 2005+ and newer) compared to Mint 14, because all my attempts to upgrade to 14 have been less than stellar... in fact, it won't even boot after either dist-upgrading or doing a fresh install from the .ISO (likely due to the fact that I don't have a PAE-equipped processor). :(
That's poor luck, I wonder if PAE went missing from the Pentium M because of a hardware bug, and Intel swept it under the rug.
Most older CPUs support PAE : Pentium II and III, Pentium 4, Athlon, Athlon XP.

Return to “Xfce”