Remote Desktop starts width default Xfce layout

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
klarry

Remote Desktop starts width default Xfce layout

Post by klarry »

Hi,

when I create a new user account in Mint 16 Petra Xfce and login I see the customized "Xfce Mint" Desktop. That's fine.

When I access the Desktop remote via X2GO or NX the default Xfce Desktop without layout customization is started (see attached screenshot). I start the session with the command xfce4-session.
Afterwards the default Xfce Desktop is always started also when I login directly and not remote.

Has anyone an idea how to get the customized "Xfce Mint" Desktop started with remote access?

Many thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
wyk72

Re: Remote Desktop starts width default Xfce layout

Post by wyk72 »

I'm experiencing the same exact problem.

Up Up Up :)
danuel

Post by danuel »

I have same issue. I have x2go server on mint 17.3 xfce, but the remote session looks like default xfce and not same as console, is there a way to make sure x2go client sessions look same as the console desktop?
ColdBoot

Post by ColdBoot »

You have to use the the Desktop Sharing Feature.
danuel

Post by danuel »

Dear ColdBoot,
The x2godesktopsharing (http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:usage:desktop-sharing) seems to be for connecting to a local logged on session if there is one, usually "0" if there exists a local session. It also seems to connect to another remote session if the user just disconnected without logging off. It does not make the remote new session, when no one is logged in locally on console, to look like the local console desktop.
ColdBoot

Post by ColdBoot »

Hi danuel,

It is true and I mentioned it as a possible workaround(kind of). While I was using it in Xubuntu 14.04, it seemed impossible to get to anything except the default-looking XFCE desktop unless I used desktop sharing. Since you, me and some other posters here reported the same, I'm beginning to think that it's a feature not a bug. :mrgreen:

If anybody knows a better way, please tell us.

Return to “Xfce”