MintXFCE is great!

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DapperMe17

MintXFCE is great!

Post by DapperMe17 »

Wanted to pass on "many thanks" for piecing together such a nice little distro!

Simple, easy & full-featured out-of-the-box.

Many happy users :wink:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
FedoraRefugee

Re: MintXFCE is great!

Post by FedoraRefugee »

Sure is great and ditto for me!

I have used Mint Gnome on my kids computers for a year or so because of the stability and ease of use. But it has only been a few weeks since I tried Elyssa Xfce and I must say this is the best out-of-the-box implementation of this DE I have yet seen, and I have used most. I was using Fedora with Xfce on my computers since FC6 and the Mint default is so close to what I was doing, with the single bottom panel, more Gnome like look...Everything I have disliked with Mint and Gnome is now gone. I dont see how it could possibly get better. I see a large number of people, in various distros, especially Fedora, becoming dissuaded with the direction Gnome and KDE are heading yet still wanting a full featured DE and not a spartan WM. Xfce perfectly fits this bill and I see it gaining in popularity. For anyone reading this post with these feeling that have not tried Xfce yet, the Mint edition is the one to try.
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

+1
Minty Fresh!
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
zaheermk
Level 1
Level 1

Post by zaheermk »

Sure, it is! I second DapperMe17, FedoraRefugee & Zwopper in the title of the thread.

I'll definitely post the teeny weeny problems that I have had / am facing with this distro under some other topics / threads, but still I can't, but admit that this is THE best XFCE based distro that I've tried.

Thanking the developers and the community once more for bringing out such a wonderful distro! :D
m_l

Post by m_l »

This is the best XFCE I have used. :D

I would like to Thank the developers and the community for their great work. When I can, a donation will be made.

P.S. Keep up the great work :D

Return to “Xfce”