Add launcher to panel from menu creates Thunar istead of cho

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kaisuj

Add launcher to panel from menu creates Thunar istead of cho

Post by kaisuj »

Mint 17.2 XFCE 32/64

When I try to add launcher applet to panel by right click on chosen application in the menu and clicking "add to panel", it always creates Thunar launcher instead of chosen application launcher. On the second attempt it creates Firefox luncher and on the third attempt it finally creates desired application launcher. It's very annoying and this pattern is repeating each time I want to add application to panel from menu. It is faster to create new luncher manually...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kaisuj

Re: Add launcher to panel from menu creates Thunar istead of

Post by kaisuj »

I did clean installation. This bug also appears on live DVD. I forgot to mention that I added the second panel and this bug consider adding application launcher to second panel, not the one with menu.
Adding launcher to primary (default) panel seems to work fine.
I like my primary panel with menu to be located on top of the screen, a second panel to be auto hidden with launchers only on the bottom of the screen, like on OS X.
kaisuj

Re: Add launcher to panel from menu creates Thunar istead of

Post by kaisuj »

I currently have 32 bit version. My second panel is on the bottom. I tried to switch them so that the second panel was on top, like on your desktop and it suddenly started to work properly!
I switched panels again (whisker menu on top) and it still works greate! I don't get it.
I will test it on live DVD again to make sure that this strange behavour is still there.
Anyway, thanks for your help. You made me think about switching panels up side down, which solved my problem (so far).

I wasn't able to reproduce this on live DVD, BUT after restart problem came back on my installed Mint XFCE 32 bit version. Switching panel didn't help this time (it was just coincidence last time).

I have just installed 17.2 XFCE 64 final release and the bug is still there...
deepestfishguy

Re: Add launcher to panel from menu creates Thunar istead of cho

Post by deepestfishguy »

2017-01-25

I am experiencing this same issue on Mint 18 (Xfce) 64 Bit. This is a fresh install on a rebuilt computer (motherboard/chip set/RAM replaced, original HD and all other components).

I previously used Mint 17 (no upgrades to other versions), on a 32 Bit computer, without any issues.

Is there any new information that might help resolve this issue?

Cheers,

Terry
Quexos
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Quexos »

I get the same behaviour from Mint 17.2 - 18.3.

No idea the cause but the workaround for me has been to just add the launcher (let's say for VLC Media Player) and when it makes a Thunar launcher in error, delete it and repeat, and the second attempt has always worked.
Last edited by Quexos on Tue May 22, 2018 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Charles

Post by Sir Charles »

Me too. On fresh install 18.3 Xfce. Since...always.

Return to “Xfce”