CD-RW burning probem (no overburn?)

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
.ee
Level 2
Level 2

CD-RW burning probem (no overburn?)

Post by .ee »

Tried XFCE Felicia today. It really became more usable than previous versions were, and it boots 10% faster than the original Gnome version.

First problem I have encountered was with burning .iso files on CD-RW disks. I know for sure that writing over is possible on the Gnome version of Felicia.
However, here Brasero (the only burning tool I found) complains:
Please, choose another CD or DVD or insert a new one. The size of the project is too large for the disk even with the overburn option.
The size of .iso file to be burn is 650MB and I wanted to burn it on CD-RW disk where a 700MB .iso file has been burned before. It was no problem on the Gnome version.

I tried to install xfburn, but I don't know how to call it after installation. It is not appearing in the list of options "Open with" if I click on the .iso file I want to burn.

Unrelated question: can I see all 4 virtual desktops in the panel, like in Gnome? So far I have just to do Ctrl-F1-4 to switch between them, and it is not very convenient if one works with one hand.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
.ee
Level 2
Level 2

Re: CD-RW burning probem (no overburn?)

Post by .ee »

Burned the same files on the same cd-rw disks using xfburn under Crunchbang Linux (ubuntu + openbox). Maybe something need to be improved in XFCE edition?

Compared boot time of Crunchbang and felicia-xfce: Crunchbang booted several seconds faster (no surprise, because openbox is much lighter than xfce).
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Re: CD-RW burning probem (no overburn?)

Post by merlwiz79 »

Weird I have burnt cd's the size of 697MB in XFCE to CD-Rs before.
I have tried xfburn in Felicia XFCE CE and all it does is crash trying to burn an ISO to DVD-RW.
TO get it to show as an option you probably need to close all thunar windows and reopen it.

Return to “Xfce”