Turn off desktop grid snap for XFCE

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kjacobs

Turn off desktop grid snap for XFCE

Post by kjacobs »

Hello group,

I know this question has been asked before, but I have still not found an acceptable solution to this problem. I need to be able to completely turn off the grid snap on the XFCE desktop so I can position icons in very specific locations. I am building some public library computers and the icons need to placed in specific locations against a custom wallpaper. The wallpaper helps new users find icons easily. However, the grid snap is not allowing me to place the icons where the need to go. The original library computers used the cinnamon DE, which did allow free icon placement. However, while upgrading from a previous version of Linux Mint, I discovered video driver issues with some of the computers which have not been resolved. XFCE seems to be much more tolerant of video drivers and does not crash on the same machines.

Sooooo.....I need to find a way to turn off the grid snap in order to complete these builds???? Pleasssssseeeee....

Ken
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Turn off desktop grid snap for XFCE

Post by richyrich »

kjacobs

Re: Turn off desktop grid snap for XFCE

Post by kjacobs »

Thanks richyrich.....that helped at least get the icons closer to where I needed them.

Ken

Return to “Xfce”