SOLVED! network and sound applet not showing in notification area

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Linuxbeliever
Level 1
Level 1

SOLVED! network and sound applet not showing in notification area

Post by Linuxbeliever »

Hi! Everybody

My network and sound applets are not showing in the notification area. I'm using Linux mint Sarah 17.3, kernel 4.2.0-42 64 bit, xfce 4.12. I already checked the panel->preferences->notification are option->edit item option for it. None of the icons are hidden, and I can see the network manager in the list but not the volume speaker applet. Any ideas how to restart the notification area, or force a reload of the icons in the task bar? :( :shock: Thanks in advance, have a nice day.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
shengchieh

Re: network and sound applet not showing in notification area

Post by shengchieh »

It's "indicator plugins" which has network and sound. Did you click "Hide indicator by default" in the sound icon properties by mistake? You need to open up the
properties window for sound (someone knows the console command for it) and check if you accidentally checked to hide the icons.

You can try to add another indicator plugin and see if that helps.

Sheng-Chieh
Linuxbeliever
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Linuxbeliever »

Hi! shengchieh

Thanks for the reply. Okay, "indicator plugins" thanks for specifying the plugin or addon in question, no I do not recall messing around with hiding options, I usually do not like to hide, notification like this :( . The only idea I have is reinstall the plugin or addon, if I know which file contains it, or where specifically is the unhide or force restart for that "indicator plugins" is located :? :!: . Do you know by any chance, what file contains "indicator plugins" or where in the hide / unhide or restart command setting is and where is it located? Thanks for your time and help in advance. :)
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

Please see this
viewtopic.php?t=216201
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

@Linuxbeliever
Right click an open area on the panel, choose > Panel > Add New Item , in the new window, locate and click/highlight the "Indicator Plugin", then click the "Add" button. :-)

(you can then right click on the new applet, and choose "Move" to move it with your mouse to your preferred location on the panel.)
Linuxbeliever
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Linuxbeliever »

richyrich wrote:@Linuxbeliever
Right click an open area on the panel, choose > Panel > Add New Item , in the new window, locate and click/highlight the "Indicator Plugin", then click the "Add" button. :-)

(you can then right click on the new applet, and choose "Move" to move it with your mouse to your preferred location on the panel.)
Hi! richyrich

Thanks richyrich! That solved the issue/problem, thank you very much, you are YOU ARE AWSOME!! :D 8) :lol:

Thanks for your time and help, I WILL MAKE THE THREAD SOLVED!

Return to “Xfce”